Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Encouragment....

Just read Jim1967 blog that got me thinking...he was right to say there seems to be a lot of posts from people upset, discouraged and frustrated.....

And I am going to assume the majority of these posts are from people recently banded.....

I too was EXTREMELY frustrated.....I was convinced, after all the preparation and hoops I had to jump through, this was all a sham and a big waste of my time.....

I wanted this WLS so bad......my insurance required me to do the 6 month medical supervised diet...My surgical center did not offer at the time so I had to enroll in a weight loss center, and go once a week for $150 a visit...out of pocket...for 3 months, then down to every 2 weeks for the remainder....but I was willing to pay....ANYTHING to have my life turned around.....

After surgery, one month post-op phase, no change....then I had my first fill, 4 cc's...after that I GAINED WEIGHT....cannot tell you how angry I was!!

I was told I needed to count my calories....measure my portions...keep a food log......WHAT???? I'm not saying that stuff is bad, but did ZI need surgery to do it??? I just got finished doing that for 6 months... Not to mention every other diet I have ever been on...

I cannot describe my frustration and ANGER!!

Fortunately, my Dr. calmed me down, and took the time to describe the whole process to me step by step.....explained how the band works, what the fills were for, and that his job was to get me into the Green Zone which might take some time....but PATIENCE was the key......

Is it perhaps Dr.'s are too busy to explain things to new patients that makes them frustrated???

After all that....I am at my "Normal" weight and body fat %....I have not lost any weight in over a year...my Dr. says there is nothing left for me to loose.....

In the beginning, I felt, like many here, that this was just not going to work....might as well get the thing taken out..and I told my Dr. that!.....

BUT..It DID WORK!...took a little time, and understanding, and above all patience.....

I get on the scale twice a day...and NOTHING EVER CHANGES...YES!!!!! No matter what I do!

So hang in there...good things come to those that wait....you did not gain all this weight in 20 days, and you're not going to loose it overnight.......but take it from other people here on this forum...this surgery DOES WORK..just be patient and let it happen......

So much for my rant.....

Love it! Thank you so much. Patience is something I am working on but I do remind myself that I didn't gain over 50 pounds in a month. But I am excited and humbled in the weight I have lost...mainly because it's been from sheer work and determination as my band isn't really working yet!

Love it! Thank you so much. Patience is something I am working on but I do remind myself that I didn't gain over 50 pounds in a month. But I am excited and humbled in the weight I have lost...mainly because it's been from sheer work and determination as my band isn't really working yet!

There are 100's of people here on this forum that will say the same thing....time and patience....let it happen....

And as far as I'm concerned...My Opinion....that talk of weight loss pre-op and a few weeks after does not mean a thing to me....sure it feels good to loose, but it is not the meat and potatoes yet....

Thank you!! All this bandster wisdom actually calms my "twisted brain". :)

So, I went back to about a year ago when I was about 3 months into this lapband thing and here's one of my posts:

"I have to post this and sorry if I sound like I'm whining but this process sucks. I've had 3 fills and still no weight loss. Just tried to set up a fill appointment and Chae(my doc) wants me to wait another 3 to 5 weeks before he gives me another. Bulllshit. It doesn't take 4-6 weeks for me to see and know that the fills I've received aren't working. I did feel a little more restriction with my last fill on Feb 24th. In fact, I've even had a blockage on a couple of occasions. Big bites and not chewing enough did it. If I chew well then I can still eat till my hearts content.

I know that another fill will get me close to where I want to be and find it hard to just sit and bide my time. I'm tired of biding time and want to get this rocket off the pad."

Yes, patience, patience, patience. There are some other whiney posts of mine I won't bore anyone with but I've/we've been there.

tmf

I am 6 months in and am staring to realize what the veterans have been saying and understand when people say they saw better results in year 2 . B-52 I look for your posts everyday . I have learned so much from you. Don't stop posting!

So, I went back to about a year ago when I was about 3 months into this lapband thing and here's one of my posts:

"I have to post this and sorry if I sound like I'm whining but this process sucks. I've had 3 fills and still no weight loss. Just tried to set up a fill appointment and Chae(my doc) wants me to wait another 3 to 5 weeks before he gives me another. Bulllshit. It doesn't take 4-6 weeks for me to see and know that the fills I've received aren't working. I did feel a little more restriction with my last fill on Feb 24th. In fact, I've even had a blockage on a couple of occasions. Big bites and not chewing enough did it. If I chew well then I can still eat till my hearts content.

I know that another fill will get me close to where I want to be and find it hard to just sit and bide my time. I'm tired of biding time and want to get this rocket off the pad."

Yes, patience, patience, patience. There are some other whiney posts of mine I won't bore anyone with but I've/we've been there.

tmf

Thank you! This is helpful! I have faith in the "bandsters" that have gone before me.

Just read Jim1967 blog that got me thinking...he was right to say there seems to be a lot of posts from people upset, discouraged and frustrated.....

And I am going to assume the majority of these posts are from people recently banded.....

Is it perhaps Dr.'s are too busy to explain things to new patients that makes them frustrated???

As a newbie to this site and as I am reading different posts, I am noticing the same thing too. I'm not sure why the doctor's aren't explaining the process to the new banders as my doctor and team did with TrueResults. They made sure I understood what I was partaking and continue to care for me everymonth making sure that I am on the right track.

Yes those of you who are frustrated, please be patient, I'm learning and finding that it will take some time to get to where we need to be. Everybody's body is different so because one person loses a tremendous amount of weight in a short period of time doesn't mean that you or I will. Lord knows I want and haven't. My body is a slow process although I think I would have reached my goal a long time ago but I have osteo which prevents me from working out like I used to. Therefore, I have to work extra hard at watching what I eat and how much or else I will not lose and reach my goal. It was very encouraging to hear my PA tell me that these last few pounds will be the hardest to lose but she is still proud of me nonetheless because I have come a long way. It has been over two years since I have been banded and I have now lost 70 pounds. I am so excited but I still have at least 11 to. I thought I would have lost it by now but oh well at the rate I'm going, I will get there by the first of the summer if I keep doing what I'm doing and that's being patient, watching my stress levels, and definitely watching what and how much you eat. Have patience my fellow bandsters and don't give up. Good luck to you all!!! :D huggs