Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

I'm pre-op and was having a really rough time until I decided to let go and LET GOD!!! I think a prayer request line is a fantastic idea but today is my first day on this site and i'm lost lol:confused:

I'm pre-op and was having a really rough time until I decided to let go and LET GOD!!! I think a prayer request line is a fantastic idea but today is my first day on this site and i'm lost lol:confused:
now i quoted myself and Im really confused Help someone my email is posted.its tawaci1970@yahoo.com

Jessiebear, God is so good, he paired you with your dad because he knew you would honor him in is "older" age and he gave your your experiences to cope with him to comfort him properly. He is blessed to have you, I'm sure he knows it too. You can let him know about the prayers lifted for him here, let him know that total strangers love him and want the best for him. 'A merry heart makes a good medicine!!' Amen?

This weekend marks the 100th anniversary for the Azusa street revival. My prayer is that our country would experience a great revival in Christ Jesus and a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit would cleanse our land of the things that grieve the heart of God. I hope that you could join me in this prayer to heal our nation and cleanse us from unrighteousness and honor God again in our families.

Wouldn't it be great to see our Nation get blessed like this?

Blessings friends!

Jessie ~ So glad to hear your dad is doing better. I will pray for you to have patience and strength during his continued recovery. We kept my strong-willed grandma and I know it can be a challenge. We wouldn't have had it any other way though.

Leatha ~ What a great prayer request. I actually was thinking of the tone you referred to today during church. I guess b/c the preacher was talking about how evil creeps in. This is true in all areas. This place is STILL full of wonderful veterans and newbies alike. Let's pray for LBT to be a place of information, refuge and support. I am learning, the hard way sometimes, but like you have said to me....this too shall pass. Bless your heart!! I am so thankful for you and your strength.

Leatha, I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to be here several times a day and now log on when I have time to spare. I no longer make it a priority. It's sad because I don't have face to face support group to attend and I think that support from other bandsters is very important. BTW I posted a thread about a weird bubbling noise I am making while eating and was hoping you would have some input, think you could check it out and give me some thoughts? You always have sound advice and a level head. I look forward to your post and really respect your opinion~Mandy

I am so happy right now....the Lord does answer prayer!! He is bigger than any problem or trial we face and God will overcome evil everytime!!

Here's a few big prayer requests. This has been a big week in my house.

1. Please pray for miraculous healing for my Mother-in-law Audrey. She has bravely battled Inflammatory Carcinoma for 3 years. It's one of those breast cancers that make doctors say "oooh, that kind of cancer. Sorry". She was given 12 months nearly two years ago. After countless chemos, surgeries, radiation, her lung collapsed twice this week. Cancer has ravaged her lungd, lymph system...everywhere. She's fought hard...but this week has shown how she's wearing down.

...But God's promise to me is that I can plead to him for my heart's desire. God is so faithful and loving. He does not say I have to qualify my pleas with "Lord, if it's your will...." so I pray for complete healing. It will take a miracle, but my God is still the God of miracles and he can save her even in the eleventh hour. She is a believer, and I know her heart is secure. I will not be angry with God if it is not his will for her to be healed, but I pray nonetheless that my children can know her greater,longer. Which brings me to our other BIG prayer request....

2. I want Audrey to meet a perfect, healthy little baby in January. My wife is pregnant, but we hold our breathe in fervant prayer as the baby devlops right now. My wife has had 2 awful miscarraiges in the past 18months. Please Lord, send a healthy little one that we can love and nurture, and let her meet her grandma!

Thanks. Grace and Peace to you.

Jon

Oh, Jon, may you just feel the hand of the Lord and He will guide your family thorough this journey. We lost my MIL to ovarian cancer and at one time wasn't sure she would see our first son born....she did and they became great friends. She also got to hold our second son (which is the spitting imagine of his daddy) and know him briefly. She fought a great battle with that evil stuff. In the end, it was peaceful to see her without pain and know we would meet again. God does answer "knee mail". Keep trusting in Him.

I will lift Audrey, you & your family, & the precious one still in the oven in prayer. God does work miracles. You will lifted in prayer by many others here as well. I hope you feel the peace of the Lord.

Jon--

I have agreed in prayer and the Word says where 2 or more are gathered....He is there!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank Him!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE HIM For the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -44lbs :eek:

This thread just makes me so happy. God hears our prayers. No matter how far apart we live we can all come together in his house. My heart goes out to everyone who's heart is heavy. Keep praying becaue he always makes a way.

John 14:2

There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly.

There is a room for each and everyone of us. Live your life to the fullest, be joyful and lead others to his word. I love you guys. May each one of your prayers be answered.

I appreciate all of the prayers being said on my Dad's behalf! He is doing great!! I just want everyone to know that I may not post a response to everyone requesting prayers, but know that they are being said from heart to God's ears! I just have precious little time to post on here lately. TTYL!!! .......Jess

I enjoy this forum and I request that a prayer be made to keep this forum a POSITIVE motivating force in everyone in this community and their families and friends lives.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. THIS is what support should be about. I agree with Telly that it would seem as if our board is under some serious attack (spiritual warfare?).

Blessing to you all.

Jon

Hey Guys, I really need help praying for something...

We have some great friends - A and B. A is pregnant with their 3rd child - nearly 5 months along. B is NOT happy about this. He is right past 40 and is freaking out because he is TOO old to have a baby (I know, its already happened!). Anyway, we've been praying for this family.

My heart aches for A. Being pregnant, a womans hormones are wacky - and she isnt getting ANY support from B. Just hurtfulness.

We were together lastnight and I was expeciting to hear some good news about B possibly 'coming around'.

But its gotten worst.

B is even considering leaving.

My heart is so so saddened for this little family.

A baby is supposed to bring joy, renewal, freshness, hope, and the big ones - love and unity! A baby is a GIFT from God. Its a good thing. In the OT, God would reward his faithful servents with the GIFT of a new baby.

I have talked and counseled till I was BLUE in the face ~ its gonna have to come from God to change this man's heart!

Please pray for A to have the strength to endure this cross...

and for B to get his head out of his bum and start handeling this better.

Please.

Please pray for them.