Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prozac Anyone?

Leenerbups, are you diabetic? My son is Type 1 and had to quit taking Prozac because it made him unable to feel the lows and he'd get so low he'd have almost seizure-type episodes and he'd be so confused he couldn't figure out how to open the car door, etc.. So if it's a problem, let someone know...it can be dangerous.

Emily

I've taken Paxil and Wellbutrin, but never prozac. Paxil worked well for me, but you've already tried it. Wellbutrin is different than other anti-depressants, so maybe it would work better for you? My doctor did say though that it's not good for folks with anxiety, don't know if you have any of that. I started taking Wellbutrin exactly one month ago today and have since lost 5 lbs, where I was stuck before that (since August!!!!!!!!!!!). I'm not crying all the time like I was, and my fiancee is very happy because it severely lessens the affects of my PMS.

I know that Wellbutrin does not work well for some people, but for the people it works for, it seems to really work!

Gentlespirit, I'm not diabetic, but I am hypoglycemic. I'm also insulin resistant/PCOS, so I have a lot of wacky insulin issues. Both my parents are diabetic as was one set of grandparents.

My dad has a glucometer I'm going to get tomorrow, so see if it is blood sugar that the Prozac is messing with.

Melody, thank you. :-)

Actually I found out just recently I might be BiPolar II and as it raised my depression, by the second day I was feeling speedy and wired. I'm going to check my blood levels.

Sarah, I do have anxiety issue, so it's out. I have panic disorder. I've been through so many to try to find something that works with my system. :-/

I've been taking 40mg of Prozac for about 6 years...love it. I just had my first fill and my doctor told me to open the capsules and take it with applesauce, but it is sooooo bad. Is there a liquid form?

Teachntots:

Yes there is a liquid form of Prozac....not sure how bad it tastes?!

Someone also told me if you put the capsule in liquid and make it mushy then you can still take w/o getting stuck...haven't tried.

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -43lbs :)

I tried the pill in Water until it started to get mushy, which was only about 10 seconds, but the pill exploded during the swallowing. The "taste" is still in my nose, a few hours later. The pill did not get stuck. Those of you who take pills, what are you doing? Does there come a point where you can take pills again?

Teachntots--

So sorry...I've been able to stick w/ liquids so far!! I did try the Nexium capsule in pudding...it was GROSS!!! Hang in there....maybe you can get your dr to prescribe your prozac in liquid form?!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -43lbs :)

I actually take Prozac in the liquid form...ask your pharmacist to call the prescribing doctor for persmission to switch it...that simple. It doesn't taste very good though...I usually chase it with some Water or a mint. I did the powder in the pudding and it was so bad! :)

Try soaking the capsule again - just don't leave it so long! lol

My band doc (Rumbaut) is banded himself - he's the one who told me this trick. So far it's worked for me every time, no problems.