Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!!

I was banded January 29th. I had my first fill yesterday. I don't really know how much is in my band. This morning I had 2 scrambled eggs and about 1 and 1/2 turkey sausage patties? Now I am waiting to see how long until I am hungry again. Does that seem like an okay portion? I am doing really bad with portioning. Thanks!!

sounds right considering you only have one fill. What size band? how much do you have in?

the first few month you will be able to eat more and more different items. When i started i could still eat bread, rice, Pasta... with no problem. But as you put more and more fill in you will learn what you can tolerate and what you can't. It's all a learning process...

My advice to you is to start now pre measuring your portions. You will still be hungry, but this is when you eat healthy Snacks.... i ate cheese, yogurt, hummus, re-fried Beans, ... sipped on a healthy shake. Start now practicing how you eat. Cut you food in small sizes (no bigger than the size of the nail on your pinky finger) chewing till it is almost puree in your mouth. Take a bit, put the fork/spoon down... think about what your eating with no distractions like TV, a book, talking... You have to pay attention or you will forget and chew, swallow... stuck. It will happen. Remember, no drink on the table... not even Water. Get use to saying NO thanks. When eating out, ask the waitress/waiter to bring a box when the meal is brought to the table. Don't take a bite till you pack all but your portioned sizes. then hand the box over to someone else so your not tempted to go back in. Stay away from the BUFFETT...!!! If you do go, ask to order off the menu. When you can ask for half or kids size meals.

Pre planing is the key. Know what your going to eat in the day. This will help you not make impulsive choices... I am an impulsive eater... i still am. But i have come to terms with my weight loss and my body and i'm in a good place.

Wish you all the luck and keep thinking positive and help your band... help you... and above all.. Listen to your doctor.

I absolutely agree with the above to pre-plan your meals. You have to relearn those impulses, because you're no longer living to eat but eating to live. BIG difference. I think your portion on that meal was fine. THings will change up a lot over the next few fills.

Portion is fine but did you want more food? Did you feel satisfied? Immediate satiety is important with being able to stop eating for many of us? Oh, some people can eat their 1/2 - 1 cup of food and stop and the satiety lasts and this is how you should try to eat in the beginning. But, as time goes along, you will develop your own satiety signals so just stop and listen to what your stomach is telling you? When you hear us all say the journey is different for each of us, believe it.

Remember, "when a craving doesn't come from hunger, eating will never satisfy it". Dr. Michele May

Portion is fine but did you want more food? Did you feel satisfied? Immediate satiety is important with being able to stop eating for many of us? Oh, some people can eat their 1/2 - 1 cup of food and stop and the satiety lasts and this is how you should try to eat in the beginning. But, as time goes along, you will develop your own satiety signals so just stop and listen to what your stomach is telling you? When you hear us all say the journey is different for each of us, believe it.

Remember, "when a craving doesn't come from hunger, eating will never satisfy it". Dr. Michele May

that highlighted area is awesome. incredible..and some poweful sh**

that highlighted area is awesome. incredible..and some poweful sh**

Aint it though! I remember many Sunday afternoon football games sitting down with a bag of chips, salsa or queso and eating the enire sack. Then I ate dinner :o

The eggs on average are 2 oz each, the sausage patties are the unknown, but lets assume 1.5 oz each. That would be 6.25 oz dense Protein. Not too much in general, but I'm surprised you're able to eat that the day after a fill...

I could always eat after a fill