Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

still a little confused??

Ok I'm 10 months post op and lost 90 pounds so far which I'm super excited about BUT....... how do u know if ur to tight or just not eating correctly? I love eating obviously that's why I weighed 310 pounds haha I've been at this fill for probly 5 months I do have trouble eating sometimes without it coming back up or hurting and me forcing myself to make it come back up....I was eating with my parents Fri night and ordered a chicken breast and baked potato well after 1/4 of the chicken and not quite 1/2 of potato I was feeling very full....and I got frustrated cuz it was very good and I wanted to eat more lol but is that about right on amounts of food u should eat? I'm scared to get an infill cuz I've lost so much weight and I don't want to gain cuz I really have no self control but I don't want to hurt my band either.....sorry if this sounds dumb

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

I just posted this to someone else with similar questions?

"Sometimes people think they are too tight but in reality, they have a hard time conforming to eating small, chewing big and taking longer to do it all? If you aren't abiding by all the rules you will feel too tight?

Here's what I recommend and it's worked for me. Do liquids go down easy? How about cream Soups or even noodle or chicken with rice type Soups? If you can consume slider foods without getting stuck you should be OK. Following the eating rules means you are chewing small amounts of food into mush or slider food. Eating too quickly or too big will make it seem like you're too tight? Make sense?"

In your case, it sounds like you just love the taste of food. I do too. Getting an unfill will only allow you to eat more and your pouch may not give you that satiety feeling you now have. If you want to gain weight an unfill may be in your future. But it sound like it's just right to me?

You may need to examine your need to eat more to satisfy your craving. When a craving doesn't come from hunger, eating will never satisfy it.

And congrats on the huge weight loss

It does sound like you eat too big of a bite and or don't chew enough and eat too fast?

What do you mean you make it come back up?

I do eat a lot of Soups and beef stew also just very small amounts then it starts to hurt can't do crackers tho and I have the gurgling thing in my esophagus all the time when I drink or eat

Its so weird cuz the other day I had 4 big fried mozzarella cheese sticks no problem so that's what confuses me and makes me think I can't be to tight

that gurgling sound and coming back up sounds like my stuck episodes and PB'ing episodes I have which is not good for the band. I am dealing with the same issue as you, I look at my food and it is soooo good and want to eat more but can't and know if I do I'll be sorry and on 1 occassion have and believe me I was sorry, it came back up, I puked, won't do that again. My soft stop indicator is a hiccup for me and I know to stop but I do sometimes have that gurgling sound in my throat or esophegus and I know I better not put another bite in or it will come back up, I have either taken too big of bite or not chewed well or wrong food choice that didn't agree with my band.

Fri night and ordered a chicken breast and baked potato well after 1/4 of the chicken and not quite 1/2 of potato I was feeling very full....and I got frustrated cuz it was very good and I wanted to eat more

Congrats on the weight loss, Good Job!

Your problem here is not your band, it is your mind. :) "You wanted more because it was very good" The amount that you mentioned would have been just about right for me, but your mind/emotions took over.

Its so weird cuz the other day I had 4 big fried mozzarella cheese sticks no problem so that's what confuses me and makes me think I can't be to tight

Slider foods, by the time these hit your band they might as well be liquid.

I'm pretty new at this, but if you can eat a quarter piece of chicken plus a half of a baked potato, it doesn't sound like you are too tight. That seems like a good amount of food for someone whose banded. I was instructed to have no more than 1/2 cup of food at any meal. And "big, fried mozarella sticks" ??????? It does sound like this may be more of an emotional eating thing, rather than a band problem. My opinion, for what it's worth.

I agree with Can-do. Also, you should spend some time with a nutritionist. You sound like you're eating many of the wrong foods at this point. Lots of Soups, mozzarella sticks, potatoes won't give you the satiety you need for the band to work it's magic. Soups are good for you but will leave you with the feeling you want more. More Protein up front is required for the band to work properly.

tmf

A word of advice: Avoid vomiting at all costs. For the first 2 yrs, I vomited about 1/2 of my meals (ate too fast, too big of bites, or just too much food) and my band finally had had it. It slipped about a year ago. I'm still living with the after affects and they're not good.

Whatever you have to do to avoid vomiting, do so. Eat slower, smaller bites, less food. Whatever you have to do. I occasionally forget and still vomit (maybe once a month) and picture my band slipping again.

Just my .02 worth!

Marci

I am on the looser side where my band is concerned and that is what s right for me. I can eat a lot more then I do sometimes but I choose not to. I also measure all my food so I know when to stop.