Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 13 days post op and I am NOT able to drink those Protein Shakes. I have graduated to mushy food, but still don't have all of my energy back. I get really tired very easy. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get in more Protein besides drinking shakes?

I guess it really depends what you are eating. At that stage I had a lot of tuna, Greek yogurt, chicken and added Protein powder to things like mashed potatoes.

i've been eating scrambled eggs, tuna, and mashed potatoes. What kind of powder Protein do you use and does it taste bad?

I drink Syntax nectar and so far the vanilla bean is my fav. I bought a huge container at The Vitamin Shoppe for 41 dollars. Its lasted both my hubby and I for over two months now. I tried the Unjury and its alright. I've also tried Costcos brand and I hate them. Its really a matter of finding what you like. If I forget, or am on the go, I drink Muscle Milk. Its higher in cals but its ok every once in a while. Tastes yummy.

I like the slim fast high Protein - chocolate. Taste much like a choc milk. Slight odd after taste, but not to bad.

I drink EAS carb control shakes. I like the vanilla and chocolate. The come premixed. They are 100 cals and have 17 gms Protein. I get them at Walmart- 4 dollars and something for 4. I drink one after my morning workout. As said, keep trying and hopefully you will find one you like.

I also have a lot of trouble drinking Protein Drinks I bought the Unjury chocolate and it actually pretty good with not a really strong after taste

If you are told to still have Protein Shake at this time try Isopure it is a drink not a shake. If you are not told to drink then you need to make sure to eat high Protein foods. You have been given a lot of good ideas. I would suggest when you get to solids that you meet with a nutritionist. Best of luck.

I would also suggest replacing any milk you're using with light soy milk. It takes a little bit to get used to but every extra bit of Protein helps.

I also endorse the EAS premade shakes. I like the strawberry cream best.

Body Fortress whey Protein super cheap at Walmart. I buy the big containers of powder and add a scoop to yogurt or make a shake with Water or skim milk. It has more protein than most of the premade shakes and less sugar and carbs. When I'm on the go and just want to grab a yummy shake, my fav is the Special K banana (but too much sugar) or Muscle Mlik Light.

I couldn't stand the Protein Shakes, so I made my own drinks - Crystal Light (fruit punch is my fave) and a scoop of unflavored whey Protein isolate (no carbs at all). One "drink" is about 25g of protein, and I don't taste the powder at all.