Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discouraged ... desperately need a buddy

I was banded in 2009 and did very well for a long time, lost just over 80 pounds.... and then my band started to rebel. Even though I had been in the green zone for some time, suddenly I was always too tight. After that, we never have been able to get this thing right, so it has been a cycle of fill/unfill. I put a lot of the weight back on.

I just had a fill the other day and it is too tight... but it is a two hour drive to get there, so it is very hard to fit it in to a busy work schedule and a super tight budget.

Back in the green zone days, I was following all of the rules and doing everything right..... since then, I have had periods of doing well, and there have also been periods of I JUST DONT CARE.

But this is the thing. My children's father may have cancer. We don't know how that will turn out. But it is more important than ever that I get this right.

I need help.

In a bad way.

You've reached out for help, that is great.

I hope your children's father does not have cancer. I have just had a breast cancer scare (all good now) and it was really scary, so I know where your head is at the moment.

Good luck.

Very glad your cancer scare turned out well... nothing raises your blood pressure faster. :/

Well, I am not as tight as I was, but still supertight. Mostly liquids, occasional mushies, or a couple bites of something soft. Can't get to SLC for unfill just yet thought .... DD is having her first baby today. Maybe this afternoon if I am lucky, but so far, this baby is really just on his own time schedule.

Sometimes it gets crazy at work and I can't log in here, but if anyone does Twitter, I am there @lifeafterband ..... I am in and out of Twitter all day due to work. It always helps when someone pops in just to say -- HOW ARE YOU!

That is really what I need right now.

Sorry to know about cancer scare. I need a buddy too! My band has rebelled same as you. Go for fills and am too tight then have to get complete infill due to acid reflux and night time vomit. Have gained most of weight back . It really is a bummer since I was at goal weight once. I go back to doctor on Monday for a fill. I'm hoping its enough restriction to start losing again:/

1martini, how did the fill go??? SO sorry I haven't logged in for a while.

I had a fill, then a slight unfill... and I started going back to WEight Watchers for the weekly accountability. Weight is slowly on its way back down again,, thank goodness. Now if I could just manage to get out bed and go to the gym!!

Viking girl-- it was a small fill and i am only maintaining. I need to exercise more regularly instead of my current couple times a week. I want to schedule another fill soon. Hoping to lose soon