Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got past the pain in my eyes. Doc said dehydration and not enough Protein. With some nausea Meds I held down Tylenol. I no longer need the oxi because it just makes me sick & pain is tolerable.

Now I get these too up balls of pain that start at my middle then roll up hit my throat and then dissipate. It happens when I sit when I stand when I walk (and I'm walking my butt off). It also happens when lying down but I get less attacks when I lay on my right side.

I'm sipping, very small sips. Very tiny bites of Jello at a time. Eating ice chips until my fingers are frozen.

I've taken tums (6 so far today). Zantac and Pepcid. Max dosages.... Nothing is stopping it so far. Didn't have this day one. Only started late night day two.

Any thoughts?

Did I do the right thing....maybe this wasn't the right thing for me. These rolling shot of whatever are really wearing me down.

Finally got past the pain in my eyes. Doc said dehydration and not enough Protein. With some nausea Meds I held down Tylenol. I no longer need the oxi because it just makes me sick & pain is tolerable.

Now I get these roll up balls of pain that start at my middle then roll up hit my throat and then dissipate. It happens when I sit when I stand when I walk (and I'm walking my butt off). It also happens when lying down but I get less attacks when I lay on my right side.

I'm sipping' date=' very small sips. Very tiny bites of Jello at a time. Eating ice chips until my fingers are frozen.

I've taken tums (6 so far today). Zantac and Pepcid. Max dosages.... Nothing is stopping it so far. Didn't have this day one. Only started late night day two.

Any thoughts?[/quote']

Did you have heartburn real bad prior to surgery? I didn't have any of the symptoms youre describing, but they certainly don't sound fun. I hope you find some relief quickly! Best wishes.

Occasional heartburn, but one Pepcid and it was history. Mainly after OJ or beer.... But nothing like this.

Thanks, I hope so too

I kinda had the same symptoms and my doctor advised me its just the gas moving around. I burped a lot and it was just uncomfortable. Not really so much painful just awkward feeling. Hope you have a fast recover and a great journey :)

Did you have a hernia repair also?

It's only day 3.. This is pretty standard for any major abdominal surgery.. When your waking and u feel that ball lift your hands above your head and move slowly side to side.. It helps move the gas pocket

I have been feeling the same thing. This is a classic sign of co2 that builds up in our body while the surgery is being done. I have done milk of mag, walk a lot, the heating pad as been my absolute friend!! It's the only thing that brings me some what of comfort. If I figure anything else out I will let u know. Hang in there.

I have had the same issue. It was really bad on Day 3 and 4. I am actually back to work and find being upright has helped make it go away. Also Gas X chewable seems to help. On evening of Day 4 I was crying b/c of this pain and my husband helped me realize I had not taken any pain meds. Major surgery -- you prob still need some pain meds. I took them -- I am only on tylenol with codeine so not as bad side effects as Oxy -- it made a big difference and I was able to rest.