Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Till Next Year ??

I stayed away from here for a year...could not handle all the negativity and pessimism.....I wanted to be successful at this more than anything and all I found here was a defeatist attitude...

I want to soar with the eagles, NOT stay stuck in the mud......

I belong to other groups, one in particular where all the members left this site all for the same reason...they wanted positive reinforcement, not the "Whoa is me" attitude. And I can tell you, except for the medical conditions, they are all doing very well and have no interest in ever coming back here.....again, no positive reinforcement...just how difficult and what a struggle it is....

I came back a month ago, for my anniversary to "report in" so to speak....hung around a month......

I never intend to tell other people what they should and should not do....my intention is to tell my story, throw around a few pictures here and there, and be an example of what one life with the band can be....

not what I heard someone else say, or read somewhere, but what I am living every day....

And for being what I am, successful and 100% happy, I was attacked, and branded...Goes to show you things around here have not changed all that much...people do not like to hear good things....unless of course you play by THEIR RULES....then it's Ok....

If I came back and said how miserable I was, I would have been welcomed back with open arms....part of the "Miserable" club....but successful, happy, and struggle free? NO WAY....cannot accept that...I'm surprised anyone around here is getting along without problems........

I'm glad I found this website AFTER I had my surgery, otherwise I would have had second thoughts....or have been totally screwed up and jnot where I am today.....

I have seen patients everyday, for over 25 years....and I can tell you "Attitude" is the key to anyone's treatment and success.....

You can identify one from the other almost immediately....

There are always those who have a negative "Gloom and Doom" self fulfilling prophecy about everything....This will never work...it's so hard....I can't do it...my friend failed....someone told me......

Understood, they have been ailing for so long that anything you can tell them comes across as "To Good to be true" When you meet these people all you can do is go through the motions with them, by the book...follow the rules and we'll see......2+2=4...HOPEFULLY...MAYBE...then we can move on to 4+4....??.... Lets hope so but don't get your hopes up....really makes a long frustrating day....

Then there are those who can't wait to "get it on"...let's go...I'm ready.....where do I start? I'll do whatever it takes....It's these people you love to work with and willing to go that extra mile above and beyond the norm, because you know it is going to be a very positive outcome, and it makes your job well worth it....

I am amazed at how many people cannot believe this lap band surgery actually works....ON THIS WEBSITE!! no matter how many times and ways they hear it, it always yes, I believe you, BUT....there's always this, and there's always that....I have to take the total calories, divide by 4, subtract this, to get that and figure in my metabolic rate...blah, blah, blah....

This is surgery...either you believe it or not!!! What's so hard to understand??? Why are so many people afraid to succeed??? Is it because you have struggled for so long that it's too good to be true? That something could actually be that easy??

Why on earth did you have surgery if that is what you believe.....and what makes matters worse, when someone complains, everyone comes to their defense and tells them it's Ok, it's normal, and should be expected......WHAT?

After being here a month, and by the way I feel this morning, I may not be back until next year's anniversary when I check in....I enjoy my new life thanks to the band...why would I want to come here...to be told what I am experiencing is not true??

I rather fly with the eagles.....

=

=

DSC_0040_zps656f864a.jpg

I stayed away from here for a year...could not handle all the negativity and pessimism.....I wanted to be successful at this more than anything and all I found here was a defeatist attitude...

I want to soar with the eagles' date=' NOT stay stuck in the mud......

I belong to other groups, one in particular where all the members left this site all for the same reason...they wanted positive reinforcement, not the "Whoa is me" attitude. And I can tell you, except for the medical conditions, they are all doing very well and have no interest in ever coming back here.....again, no positive reinforcement...just how difficult and what a struggle it is....

I came back a month ago, for my anniversary to "report in" so to speak....hung around a month......

I never intend to tell other people what they should and should not do....my intention is to tell my story, throw around a few pictures here and there, and be an example of what one life with the band can be....

not what I heard someone else say, or read somewhere, but what I am living every day....

And for being what I am, successful and 100% happy, I was attacked, and branded...Goes to show you things around here have not changed all that much...people do not like to hear good things....unless of course you play by THEIR RULES....then it's Ok....

If I came back and said how miserable I was, I would have been welcomed back with open arms....part of the "Miserable" club....but successful, happy, and struggle free? NO WAY....cannot accept that...I'm surprised anyone around here is getting along without problems........

I'm glad I found this website AFTER I had my surgery, otherwise I would have had second thoughts....or have been totally screwed up and jnot where I am today.....

I have seen patients everyday, for over 25 years....and I can tell you "Attitude" is the key to anyone's treatment and success.....

You can identify one from the other almost immediately....

There are always those who have a negative "Gloom and Doom" self fulfilling prophecy about everything....This will never work...it's so hard....I can't do it...my friend failed....someone told me......

Understood, they have been ailing for so long that anything you can tell them comes across as "To Good to be true" When you meet these people all you can do is go through the motions with them, by the book...follow the rules and we'll see......2+2=4...HOPEFULLY...MAYBE...then we can move on to 4+4....??.... Lets hope so but don't get your hopes up....really makes a long frustrating day....

Then there are those who can't wait to "get it on"...let's go...I'm ready.....where do I start? I'll do whatever it takes....It's these people you love to work with and willing to go that extra mile above and beyond the norm, because you know it is going to be a very positive outcome, and it makes your job well worth it....

I am amazed at how many people cannot believe this lap band surgery actually works....ON THIS WEBSITE!! no matter how many times and ways they hear it, it always yes, I believe you, BUT....there's always this, and there's always that....I have to take the total calories, divide by 4, subtract this, to get that and figure in my metabolic rate...blah, blah, blah....

This is surgery...either you believe it or not!!! What's so hard to understand??? Why are so many people afraid to succeed??? Is it because you have struggled for so long that it's too good to be true? That something could actually be that easy??

Why on earth did you have surgery if that is what you believe.....and what makes matters worse, when someone complains, everyone comes to their defense and tells them it's Ok, it's normal, and should be expected......WHAT?

After being here a month, and by the way I feel this morning, I may not be back until next year's anniversary when I check in....I enjoy my new life thanks to the band...why would I want to come here...to be told what I am experiencing is not true??

I rather fly with the eagles.....

=

=

[/quote']

I wish you good luck where ever you feel welcome and do well. I read many posts here and other sites and accept that old adage, "to each his own" and "whatever works for ME!" Love the band... It has given me a whole new perspective on Life.

Sent from Angel's iPad using LapBandTalk

B I love reading your posts! I'm pretty sure you were a motivational speaker in another life. I'm pre-op and use this site to hear people's struggles, successes, thoughts, tips etc.. I know that every persons journey will be different but think we can all learn from others. Thanks for helping teach newbies like myself that if you want to be you WILL be successful with the band.

Thank you for your service for the greatest country in the world! It's appreciated!

Hey B-52, I hope that you are doing good. I missed all the drama! At any rate, a take care and if you go away for a year, take care and God bless! Karen

I've been banded for 2 years and I don't consider myself to be part of some miserable club. I have been successful, but the band isn't so black and white with me. Following the rules isn't a struggle at all, finding a perfect balance in getting to a sweet spot has been. I think you are fortunate that you have found that balance. Believe me, it's not from lack of trying to get my fills right. I am self pay, $150 each pop and have made many a visits to my dr trying to find it. They have told me I am just one of those ones that wont have hunger fully controlled for 4 hours. But better to not be tight and cause any problems down the line that would result in having the band out. So as for me, I am listening to my dr and dealing with the hunger. I realize that it's better to just accept this, sometimes I may whine about it, but I couldn't be any happier with my choice in getting the band.

B52 could not of put it better myself!! I was banded 1 year ago joined this group ... Read a few posts and thought " oh my god what the hell have I done to myself" if ALL these people keep having soooooooo many issues and sooooo many opinions on each others problems I'm screwed!!! Well a friend told me to stop going on here and get on with my new life!!!

I can tell u best advice ever !! I've got a whole new me and an amazing life thanks to my band ! I have worked well with it and all the problems I thought was going to happen in people's posts never did!! I followed my SURGEONS advice and heah presto !!! I'm 97 lbs lighter !! I've never been too tight never been taken in an emergency! Honestly it's been easier losing the weight then putting it on!!! Anyone thinking of having this done.... It's your own journey you decide how to walk it and trust me listen to your body not the busy bodies on here!!!

This is only my 3rd post on here !! Like I say busy bodies!!!