Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you ever been given a cracker at a fill???

I met a girl in one of my lapband groups. She went for a fill and they made her drink Water then eat a cracker! She told the nurse it felt kind of stuck so they did not give her a fill. She really needs a fill. Any comments?

Thanks,

Weird especially since we're not supposed to eat and drink at the same time. I can barely eat crackers anyway much less drink at same time.

I know!!!! CRAZY! Plus no solids after fill!!

If they're going to feed you crackers they could at least give you a nice glass of wine to wash it down instead of water!

I wonder if it was a test of her stomach muscle strength and they didn't want to give her a fill if she could get stuck that easily.

I have no Fluid in my band and if I eat and then try to drink right away things tend to come up! Don't get the reasoning!

I think the cracker was some sort of "test" to see if she needed a fill, not after the fill. The eating/drinking thing is for meals, not for medical tests. This might be an ok way to avoid over filling???

I had a test the other day that involved eating eggs, toast, then drinking 4 oz of Water. Now I've been instructed to drink with meals to help them move out of the stomach faster.

I have no Fluid in my band and if I eat and then try to drink right away things tend to come up! Don't get the reasoning!

Everybody's different :)

The ban on liquids is to slow the digestion of the food. Your body makes liquid to help with digestion naturally drinking Water speeds the process think of the food in your stomach as dirt trying to go down a drain (the hole created by the band). Naturally we turn the dirt into sticky mud because we don't add much water but if you drink quickly you get more food mud but it's also thinner. For some people it will speed up how quickly it goes down the drain for others it just overflows the sink.

She told me she was given after the fill then they took the fill out. I think She registered so hopefully she will add to this post.

MsMaui, why do they want the food to move out of the stomach faster?

She told me she was given after the fill then they took the fill out. I think She registered so hopefully she will add to this post.
... trying to get in on the forum

I ask for a fill...they gave me one..then gave me a cracker a small cup Water...