Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Standstill

It's almost been 4 months since my banding. I had one fill in January and I have only lost 20 lbs. Is anyone else at a Standstill with their weight loss? I had some Insurance issues so I can't go for another fill until March. I've also bee having some sick issues? food seems to be backing up, but I think I am eating to fast and its making me get sick. There is also a mucus issue. Trying not to be too graphic, but is anyone else having these issues?

Well, many if not most of us have experienced plateaus or standstills so you are not alone. If you are getting stuck a lot due to eating too fast you will have to learn to slow down and eat smaller and slower.

Learning to eat with the band has been the hardest part of my journey so far. And it seriously took me over a year to accomplish this. But I still have my difficult moments as do most of us.

I only lost 12 lbs my first 4 months so you're doing fine but you should sit down with a nutritionist familiar with lapband patients and get educated. jmo

tmf

I have also hit a plateau. I was banded Aug 23 2011. I have been stuck at 207-208 for about the last month. It is very frustrating, especially when I come om here and see that others have lost a lot more sometimes even twice as much. I have tried to change up my workout and take in less calories. Still nothing. Very frustrating but will keep trying.

Sorry was banded aug 23 2012 in previous post. Opps

There are numerous ways to beat a plateau, not all work of course. I like to change my diet up. If you're taking in very low calories, your body could have gone into a starvation mode and has slowed down your metabolism. Increase your calories for 2-3 days up to 1600 calories to fool your body into thinking it's OK again. Change the types of food you eat. Maybe go low/no carb for weekend or eat only veggies or go liquids and creamy foods for a few days. Just don't do the same thing over and over again.

And the closer to your goal weight you get, the harder it is to lose. One to 16 week plateaus are common but stay the course and it will happen.

tmf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches