Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 month Post Op, down 68lbs....but motivation is dwindling.

Down 68lbs since surgery 4/26 and 82lbs total since 3/1!

January I only lost about 3 lbs, February I doubled it and lost almost 6. I wish I was having the 8-10lbs per month that I use to have, but I realize that as time goes on, the weight comes off slower..so I am grateful to still be losing at all! I also realize that I can still be doing more to help that along...its just getting harder to stay motivated, and in a positive mind frame sometimes....but I can do this...I WILL do this!

Anyone else at this mark of the journey, finding their motivation slipping?

It's gonna be okay. I lost 170 lbs and it took 2 years. I went thru many months of non losing. Just keep getting back on track. Make sure you get your Protein. I used a lot of the low carb Protein shakes. Just keep going. I didn't do a lot of exercising but I did walk regularly 3 or 4 times a week. Good luck! You are getting it done!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Your still losing so that should be motivation enough. It may not be as fast as you want but a loss is a loss. Look how far you have come to turn back now.

Down 68lbs since surgery 4/26 and 82lbs total since 3/1!

January I only lost about 3 lbs, February I doubled it and lost almost 6. I wish I was having the 8-10lbs per month that I use to have, but I realize that as time goes on, the weight comes off slower..so I am grateful to still be losing at all! I also realize that I can still be doing more to help that along...its just getting harder to stay motivated, and in a positive mind frame sometimes....but I can do this...I WILL do this!

Anyone else at this mark of the journey, finding their motivation slipping?

as long as we are losing, that is what matters. that is how i see it.

even if the scale is not moving (as fast) as we want, if we are doing the right things (eating healthy, exercising) and the inches are coming off, then that is fantastic. what you have lost is amazing. def a success story...its not that I will do this....its me saying i want to do this....that keeps me going each and everyday....well that and to know i used to wear size 30 pants.. hang in there okay.

What the others said! Best wishes for a skinnier you!

u have don't great. Go over your food tracking and see where you could make changes and different choices. Up your exericing just a bit along with more Water. Sometime just a small change can bump it up.

as long as we are losing, that is what matters. that is how i see it.

even if the scale is not moving (as fast) as we want, if we are doing the right things (eating healthy, exercising) and the inches are coming off, then that is fantastic. what you have lost is amazing. def a success story...its not that I will do this....its me saying i want to do this....that keeps me going each and everyday....well that and to know i used to wear size 30 pants.. hang in there okay.

Wow Carolinagirl..100lbs with no fills...thats amazing! Nice job. Im happy with my weight loss...but it just seems like as time goes on, its harder to stay focused on the right choices, and to get myself moving like i should...and it isnt for lack of wanting it..I do..just sometimes i get into a frump and i hate it.

u have don't great. Go over your food tracking and see where you could make changes and different choices. Up your exericing just a bit along with more Water. Sometime just a small change can bump it up.

I know the changes that need to be made..but that is where my prob lies...i get in a frump and motivation to make those changes is almost non existent..and then i get frustrated that i cant bring myself to do what needs to be done. I recently started on meds because i was diagnosed with depression, im hoping after im on them a bit longer, i will start to come out of it a bit, which will then help get myself back on track.

Wow Carolinagirl..100lbs with no fills...thats amazing! Nice job. Im happy with my weight loss...but it just seems like as time goes on, its harder to stay focused on the right choices, and to get myself moving like i should...and it isnt for lack of wanting it..I do..just sometimes i get into a frump and i hate it.

well aint you sweet to comment on me like that.

i struggle daily with my insecurity but have just made up my mind to do what i have to do...mere (months) ago i was over 300....up near linebacker size on a pro football team and i am a short sh**.....girl i was as wide as i was tall

that is my motivation. that is what makes me say, you know what, you are so doing this...my little granddaughter wants her meme to walk around the block with her or go shopping....i want to be able to walk through a store again and fasten my seat belt. i want to live longer.

if i divert off course, i am only hurting myself. therefore i have to do this. no one else will....so as my ole man told me on my pre op, woman up as you wanted to do this so do what you have to do to make it happen.

you can do this. so believe. i believe in you.

You got this! You have done amazing so far. Dig deep and keep on going...there's no going back! It will happen, you will reach your goal. Any loss is great and it all adds up. Best Wishes :)