Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I start my 3 week liquid diet Thursday

So does anyone else have to do the liquid diet for 3 WEEKS... I am 5'4 260 I had to do the 6 month weight monitoring and my starting weight was 290. I loss 30lbs :) I'm so pumped to get this started but so stressed out with 3 weeks of shakes. I honestly don't know if I can even stomach the shakes. In the past I have tried slim fast and body by vi. I never was even able to drink one. Maybe since I'm focused I can just do it. I have 3 children but great family, my sister lives with me with her daughter and my mother and uncle live directly across the street so I plan on staying clear of everyone till I know lose my mind and my family is understand and going to step in. So I know I just gave you guys the run down of my thinking so do you guys have any suggestions for me.? Stomach the shakes. Am I just too focus on this whole shake thing and working my self up... Help I start Thursday for a surgery date of March 14th :)

Jenn, yes you CAN do it. Others before you have done it, and so can you. Keep your eye on the prize, focus on where you want to be and it will happen. My LB nurse told me that the pre-op diet had two goals: 1. Shrink your liver. 2. Make you thankful for you band. Believe me, you will be thankful.

Ditto wholeheartedly to what Terry has posted.

Just take it one day at a time. It will get easier after a few days.

It can be done... don't over think it. Make sure you find out what shakes your doctor recommends. Some say Water only for mixing, others allow non-fat milk, or unsweetened almond milk, my favorite. And check out the web site for Nashua Nutrition... they offer single serving sample packs so you can test taste before buying the powder in bulk. The powder is much cheaper long term than the ready made shakes. Good Luck!

Did your surgeon give u a list of things u could have on the diet? I am on day 7 of my 2 week pre-op diet and its mostly liquids with the exception of yogurt and 2 cups of fruit a day. Every doctor is different on what u have to do. If its the shakes u r worrying about go online and try to find medifast shakes or arbonne shakes. My surgeon has me drinking the arbonne shakes right now. But I prefer medifast because they taste better and have more variety. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday and the liquid diet has been a killer but u can do it. Just keep thinking about the big step u are about to take in changing your life for the better.

My surgery is 3/12, I start my liquid diet in 1 week, not looking forward to it:( I have to do 2 8oz Protein Shakes a day, 64 oz of Water a day, 4 chewable vitamins & 200mg of CQ-10, I can also have 4 oz total of any meat cheese or eggs! I'm a sugar-a-holic so I'm expecting MAJOR headaches right away.

My doctor sells their own shakes that I mix with water I got Camilla flavored & plan on mixing in orange crystal light, I'm hoping it tastes like a creamsicle...

Like tasteless milkshakes if you make it with cold Water. I stuck with the vanilla ones coz tasteless vanilla is better than tasteless chocolate. :P

My only suggestion to you is to talk yourself out of seeing yourself having to do it for three weeks. Just tell yourself everyday "let me just make it through today". Then tackle the next day as that challenge all on it's on. Knowing I had to be strong for 16 hours was a lot easier than having to be strong for 3 weeks. I just coped with it better mentally.

My surgery is 3/12, I start my liquid diet in 1 week, not looking forward to it:( I have to do 2 8oz Protein Shakes a day, 64 oz of Water a day, 4 chewable vitamins & 200mg of CQ-10, I can also have 4 oz total of any meat cheese or eggs! I'm a sugar-a-holic so I'm expecting MAJOR headaches right away.

My doctor sells their own shakes that I mix with Water I got Camilla flavored & plan on mixing in orange crystal light, I'm hoping it tastes like a creamsicle...

I was a major sugar-a-holic and carbs too and its not easy, your body detoxes from these things and days 3 and 4 are bad but you get thru it, we all did and you guys will too. Stay focused and remember why you are doing this and keep your mind on the end results. There are lots of brands of shakes out there to try. I still keep mine in the pantry for something quick I pop it in the frige when I know I am going to drink one and it's something quick or for the days I get a fill. Good luck.