Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

another fill, FINALLY i have some restriction!!

after a series of being overfilled and unfilled 7-8 months i went unfilled for 6 LONG months to give my tummy and me a rest! well now since feb. i have been slowly having my band refilled. things have been VERY slow. i am afraid of getting overfilled and having to get unfilled and starting over AGAIN- so we have been going in TINY amounts.

yesterday when i went in for another .1 cc fill but ended up with .3 (dr tried to give me .4) i drank 20 oz of Water before i let them take the fill needle out and i was ok, it went down. i am after this fill, more puzzled than ever about fill amounts. i used to require a lot more fill to have restriction. the current fill that i have NOW is more than what sealed me off COMPLETELY the last time. my dr had no explanation.

i had Soup and yogurt yesterday, and today soup broth and then 1/2 cup of the noodles. they DID sit in my pouch and i DID feel full!!!! most importantly they went DOWN!! my hunger is already diminishing and it feels good to FEEL my band again!!!! i feel like a newbie! its been so long...i have missed it!

ya'll wish me luck as i move to solids. it might take me a few days, i am slowly gonna test the waters!

That's great!

Noodles?? I had 3 bites of tortas last night, thought to myself, what am I doing, almost horked.

Have you found a good doc there in Washington? or are you going back and forth to Nashville?

So the big wedding is in July...now exciting, I've been thinking of you, love that pic of the trees and rocks for your site. fill us in on your plans...

Good luck with the fill, good your going slow.

That's great!

Noodles?? I had 3 bites of tortas last night, thought to myself, what am I doing, almost horked.

i have never liked TOO much restriction, i want to be able to eat noodles, bread, STEAK!! we'll see. i dont see steak anywear in my future because its hard to break down. idealy i want to feel pretty confident that when i sit down to eat i wont end up in the bathroom or feeling like i am choking, eyes watering and drooling! and idealy i will get full from roughly 1 cup of food. its a little looser than some but it gives me more variety.

whats a torta?

Have you found a good doc there in Washington? or are you going back and forth to Nashville?

So the big wedding is in July...now exciting, I've been thinking of you, love that pic of the trees and rocks for your site. fill us in on your plans...

i DO have a dr here in WA so i can see him whenever! i am going to nashville soon me and my bridesmaids are going to gatlinburg for the weekend! i bought a crapload of bath and body stuff at their 70% off sale in jan. so we are gonna do girl stuff and drink and have a GREAT TIME! we'll also go hiking. i know where to good waterfalls are! no wild plans though! i never was much for bars when i was single so its not something i will miss.

the planning for the wedding is going good! i booked the dance floor and the chairs this week and went today to get one of the bridesmaids dresses. the only thing left is the cake and the flowers. we are going to hawaii for the honeymoon!

Sounds like you're doing great, Shelly!! How cool to get a whole new lease on banding so long after your surgery. Cool beans! You're going to be the most beautiful thing in Hawaii. :biggrin1:

whats a torta?
oops! that's we call em...tortellini's..throw them in Soup, on shrimp with alferdo...cheeeese please.

I like to not have too much restriction as well, it's 3 lbs down a month and i'm happy, 3 hours of being full and i'm happy. I do look at almost everything i eat as a bank account, but we have to enjoy life.

Odd thing If i wake up at night I never eat, long time rule(don't know why i throw that in).

Good all the planning is set up for the wedding now.

No stressss

Have a good time with your freinds

Send me lots of wedding idea's, planning mine for 7/07, Oh and pics too Happy for you.

ahhhh tortellini's they are a prob for me too. i think the way they are folded makes them cook slower. i have been able to eat all Pasta but those.

i have never been a night eater. i AM a night drinker. keep a cup by the bed. luckily i am able to drink and have it go down at night too so far. sip sip.

hows your planning going?

Hi Shelly,

Glad to hear you are on your way again. FYI: Since my PS last year when they emptied my band completely, I have been getting slowly filled back up too. I now have 2.5 in my band which is almost the most I ever had and I have no problems either. I really feel like I could have more, but I am holding out and trying to work on the food habits again instead of solely depending on the band. Its working and I am losing again (I think) I refuse to weight myself anymore, so I just use my clothes as a gauge. I am still wearing the same clothes since the year before last, so I guess I am doing all right!

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

Hi Shelly,

Glad to hear you are on your way again. FYI: Since my PS last year when they emptied my band completely, I have been getting slowly filled back up too. I now have 2.5 in my band which is almost the most I ever had and I have no problems either. I really feel like I could have more, but I am holding out and trying to work on the food habits again instead of solely depending on the band. Its working and I am losing again (I think) I refuse to weight myself anymore, so I just use my clothes as a gauge. I am still wearing the same clothes since the year before last, so I guess I am doing all right!

Babs in TX

334/180 ish

sounds like you are doing great babs, i am trying to go by my size too. my fill amount has varied so much from where i started! i was originally at 1 whole cc more than i am now. i dont know. i am glad to have restriction again though.

i have been planning the wedding and been busy with that. so are you happy with the PS results?

OK ... This may sound strange ... but I keep seeing references to a "fill" ... I am still new to the idea of Lap-Banding as I was originally going for the Gastric Bypass, but my insurance company, in all it's wisdom (???) decided that a gasrtic bypass was not in my best interest at this time (especially since I have been in remission from cancer for a year, and can't be guarnateed a 5 year remission <duh!!>) ok ... back to the pointof this msg ... WHAT THE HECK IS A FILL ... please educate the wandering newbi that is me ... and thank you :eek: