Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello & Introduction

Hi PBrown,

Welcome to LBT. Next time you get to the Boise area, let us know. We are a pretty social group here and if there is nothing scheduled while you are here, I am willing to make something up.

Your band date is coming up pretty quickly. Do you have to do a preop diet? Some doctors require it some don't. Are you getting excited? I really couldn't wait. I was surprised at how little my nerves played into the whole experience--even the morning of my surgery.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I heard from Dody today. She got her date! June 5th. She's really had a hard time of it lately... pneumonia and then she hurt her knee. But her doctors feel good about her upcoming surger, so she's all set to go! Yay Dody!

Thanks Susan for being so supportive. I do have that surgery date and I am getting anxious. I think that is only normal, but I'm oh so ready to make some life changes.

Welcome Linda to the board. There are some really great people from Idaho on here, including P'Nut. She is my inspiration and I'm sure she has some to spare too. She is doing a wonderful job. I wish you the best of luck on your band journey.

Dody, I'm glad you posted, even though it took me a long time to see it. I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going for you in Tennessee. I am soooo sorry to hear about your pneumonia. I had a terrible run in with it a few years ago and it so wipes you out. I hope you are able to rest because you really need to! I'm sorry this happened to you when you were so ready to get going with your band, but everything will work out for you in the end. Know that I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Hope

Thanks so much for your well wishes. I've never been so sick with pneumonia before. I got my pneumonia shot too...what's with that??? Anyway, it is finally subsiding and yes it did virtually wipe me out. My knee is still hurting, but the surgery for lap-banding comes above everything and perhaps that in itself will help the knee and I can run up a flight of stairs as P'Nut stated (although I have no stairs at home). It would be nice just to take the dog for a nice long walk.

Thank you for thinking of me. It is so appreciated.

Dody

Hello I am New here. Just got my band this week in Mexico, :omg: I am glad I got it done, but boy what a experience. I guess you get what you pay for. i p[aid for a surgery in Mexico and thats what I got surgery in Mexico. The only thing I ate for 5 Days is broth & Jello twice, so now I feel like if I dont eat some real food I' ll go nuts. I was stuck in the Phoenix airport for 8 1/2 hours q day 1/2 after sx and food was every where and smelled so good but I drank coffee like a good girl. Can anyonew tell me if the support groups help you teach your self to change lifelong habits. Hey I was so glad to see people in Idaho:) I live in Weiser. Well thanks for your input anyone. Lorri

Hi Lorrie, Weiser is familiar territory to me. My husband (he was killed in an auto accident 10 years ago) was born and raised on a farm in Midvale, so I've traveled to Weiser many, many times. My husband loved the small town life. I live in Caldwell, Idaho and am currently in Tennessee with my daughter and son-in-law to have my surgery at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. They don't accept Medicare in Idaho, and the fact that I would have been alone would have really bothered me, so when the kids suggested I come down here and have the surgery where they took Medicare and also had wonderful facilities I didn't think too long about it. I'm going Thursday to Nashville to see the surgeon and we are going to take in Music Row. I love the countryside here. My surgery is on June 5, and although anxious, I'm also very excited. I hope you can get to a support group or so there in Idaho, but I realize it's a very long drive for you. I wish you the best of luck, and please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

Just so nobody misses it on the Boise May Events thread...

The Idahobansters Soup Night is going to be on Tuesday, May 23rd, at 6:30 p.m. at Johnny Carino's at Fairview and Eagle in Boise/Meridian.

Take the Eagle Road exit off of the Interstate and turn right onto Eagle

Road. At Fairview Avenue, turn right, and then turn right into the parking

lot when you see Johnny Carino's (before the next light).

I hope you can all make it!

I can't wait until I get home and get to attend one of them Susan. They sound like a great group. I'm not as interested in the one at St. Al's...worked there toooooo many years to want to go back there :) and I wasn't banded there, but the other group sounds great. After I'm officially a bandster and am home I would love to attend and meet some of you great Idaho people in person...especially you P'Nut. You have been such a wonderful inspiration to me and have had such a wonderful journey with the band.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the invite! I am usually running errands most of the time as my mom doesn't get around much anymore to do much shopping etc.

Yes, I do have a pre-op diet of high protien 700 calories a day for two weeks prior to the sugery to shrink the liver.

I am not really nervous about the surgery, but anxious to get it done.

thanks