Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello & Introduction

Hi,

I'm Linda and I will be getting my band on May 1st. I can't wait and Iam sure I will have more to say and more questions after that.:)

Hi,

I'm Linda and I will be getting my band on May 1st. I can't wait and Iam sure I will have more to say and more questions after that.:(

Hey there Linda :(

Welcome to LBT and good luck with the surgery!

Hi, I'm new too. Banded on May 1 in Mexico. I live in Meridian. I am still having chest and mid-section pain, but it's getting better each day.

Hi Dasharoo,

Wow, you went to Mexico!

I was banded at St. Al's. There is a support group that meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at St. Al's that is great. You don't need to have been banded there. It's where I found out about this website and have met some great people.

Do you work outside of the home? Where in Meridian do you live? Photonut (Susan) and I try to get together in the morning to walk. If you are free you are welocme to join us. She was banded about 4 months ago.

There is also a yahoo group called IdahoBandsters. They get together once a month in the Boise area for a Soup night. I'm looking forward to going this month on the 26th. Apparently there are some who go who have been banded for 5 + years. I can't wait to meet them!

I feel about the same as you. I am still a bit sore, but it is getting better each day. How is your eating going?

Hippo's Hope (also on this site) who is also from this area was also banded on May 1st. She went to Salt Lake City for her surgery.

Well, it's getting late and my son has a soccer game at 8 am. So I'm off to bed.

Oh, you should post an intro on the "May 2006 Band Crew" thread. (I think thats what it's called. You can do a search.

Talk to you soon!

Welcome to Bandland, Paula!

My husband, Dawg (Paul) and I live in Meridian too!

Which Dr did you go to in Mexico? Was it a difficult journey home?

As Linda said, you are very welcome to join us for our morning walks.

And Linda, the Soup night this month is on the 25th isn't it? Thursday?

There's also a support group that meets at St Als on the second Tuesday of each month (next Tuesday) and even though most people who attend were banded locally, I think it would be fine to join us. There was a woman there last month who had the bypass done in Vegas. *shrugs*

Anyway, welcome welcome! And I hope you keep feeling better every day. Let us know if you need anything ok?

Yes P'Nut - You're right. Soup night is on THURSDAY the 25th of May! I was a little sore last night from my coughing spasm (which happened because I the pizza finally got to me and I attempted a "chew and spit" which caused a crumb to get caught in my throat--another story for another time :nervous) Anyway, I chose the easy way out - codiene! Then I decided to get on line.

Anyway, yes, it's the 25th. Maybe we'll see Hippo's Hope and Dasharoo there.

Dear Linda and Susan,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

I live at 10 mile and Chinden and would like to walk and talk with you if my schedule permits. My work schedule varies. Can I bring my dog?

The flight back from MX was awful. It's 3 1/2 hours in a 50 seater jet = the pilot kept the seatbelt on the entire time, but I got up several times - I simply had to.

I'm sort of worried about one of my incisions. It is the biggest incision on my left side. I don't think it's infected, but I'm worried because it hurts so much. I'm worried about going to any doctor here because I'm wondering if they will be reluctant to help (not for fills) but for complications. Oh yeah, and if I did have complications would my insurance cover the complications?:help: Boy, I sure didn't think this through as much as I should have.

I've done well with sticking to my liquid diet this week except for some liquid yogurt, milky oatmeal and some cream Soup instead of clear.

Dr. R did not give me any narcotic pain relivers, but I have been using some darvocet I've had on hand. I just have been in too much pain.:sick

There is someone from Dr. R's staff lives in Nampa, but she has been out of town and I haven't been able to talk to her yet.

I would like to do the soup night if I can, I'll put it on my calendar. Where do you have it? Do you take turns hosting it.

Well sorry to post such a long reply, but I sure appreciate any help/advice you are willing to share.

Dashroo,

Sorry to hear you're still in so much pain. If you are worried about one of your incisions, I would talk to your primary care. In the worse case, you can go to a local ER. They have to treat you.

Unfortunately, I have heard that if your insurance does not cover the procedure, they won't cover any complications. It's too bad so many of us are forced to go out of the country for this kind of help. It's a real Catch 22.

I didn't really have to stay on a clear liquid diet. My Dr. told me I could have Protein shakes and anything else that I can fit through a straw as soon as I got home. So, for me, yogurt smoothies and cream Soups have been on the menu from the beginning. My husband took Susan's advice and pureed up some bean with bacon Soup for me tonight, but, unfortunately, it stayed on the stove too long while his meatloaf finished cooking and burned--maybe tomorrow.

The soup night is usually at a local restaurant. I don't think a location has been decided on yet. We'll let you know.

I really do hope you feel better. I'll PM you with my phone number if you want to talk.

Hey Paula :)

The largest incision is usually where the port is, and because the port is stitched to muscle tissue it is typically the most sore area and takes the longest to heal. As long as your incision isn't bleeding or supurating, it is most likely fine. If it is, I agree with Linda that you should see a primary care doctor. You don't want to mess around with infections.

I met the gal you're talking about at last month's Soup night. She seemed very nice - made it a point of meeting and welcoming everyone. I'm sure she will be a good source of support for you when she returns.

I have no problem with you bringing your dog on our walks - we just need to pick areas that don't restrict dogs. Example - Katherine Albertson park won't allow dogs as it's a bird sanctuary. Lovely place to walk though. Do you have anywhere in mind for walks? The greenbelt seems to be limited due to the flooding.

Speaking of flooding - we are in the process of refinancing our home. We live near Fairview and Locust Grove and we were told today that the city has zoned us as a flood zone. O...K. Where do they think this water's going to come from?? We don't even have access to a canal up here! *laughs*

Linda - Sorry girlfriend, but David's overdone bean soup cracked me up! At least he tried. And what's this I hear about you and pizza?? *peer at you* Hmmm?? *winks*

Hi

Sorry I can't physically join you but I hope it's okay to join in online - I was banded on 4th May, its now the 7th and I am soo sore around my port and in my upper back - It seems that I have read so many people who were off shopping the next day and I can only just walk let alone bend! Please keep updated with your progress - will I ever feel normal again???TIDGE, LONDON,UK.

Hi Tidge, welcome to LBT and to bandland!

Sure you'll feel normal again. I'd guess the pain in your upper back is from the gas they used in surgery to inflate your stomach. It puts a lot of pressure on the diaphram which often hurts for days if not weeks afterwards. It's also very typical for the pain in the diaphram to appear in the shoulder or upper back, so all's normal already. The port area, well, its just going to be more sore than the rest because the port has been sewn into the muscle tissue and the incision was larger than the rest. We don't feel the stitches in the stomach because there are no nerve endings in our stomachs. Which is helpful. :)

Some people do get right up and take off with their lives the next day. I certainly wasn't one of them. It took me a couple of weeks. Just take this time to get all the rest you need. Getting up and moving around, while not the most comfortable thing to do, will help you recover more quickly and help that gas pain to subside. Also, be sure to keep sipping your Water. It's important to keep yourself hydrated.

Finally, you should go into the Introduction Forum and post a hello to everyone. You'll get a lot more visibility there. You're welcome to keep posting in this thread,but chances are only us few from Idaho will see it.

Hi to the newbie, and hi to you Susan. Just my luck I come to Tennessee and throw off all hopes of surgery for awhile. I've had pneumonia for 2 weeks and am just starting to feel better. I've been to Nashville once for 2 days to get acquainted...seminar here...saw a PA and turned in my history. It has been sent in to Medicare and I won't here anything for a couple weeks, but the fact is I need the time to get better. This is the sickest I've been since my heart surgery 5 years ago. I'm on a home nebulizer prescribed by the doctors here and am slowly getting better. This isn't the way I visualized this trip.

As for getting fills in Boise if you were banded elsewhere...it doesn't happen. The two dr's. in Boise only see patients they have operated on and only do their fills, but any problems like it was stated they have to see you at an ER.

I'm from Caldwell. I don't belong to the walking group but know Susan from being online. I came to Tennessee to Vanderbilt Hospital to have my surgery near family...but the date is really up in the air.

Welcome to LBT.:)

Hello,

I am new too. My surgery date is May 17, 2006 and I am pretty nervous. I am so thankful I found this site as I know I will need all of you. Talk to you soon. Gook luck to you all and God Bless!:clap2:

There you are, Dody! I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. What a bummer! *hugs*

Actually there is a fill center in Eagle! Good news for you huh? There are quite a few people in the Idahobandsters group who weren't banded here. Although you're right about Cahn and Anderson not touching you if they didn't band you. However, they did say in the seminar that if it were an emergency they certainly would help. They just won't do fills and normal follow-up stuff.

Anyway, it's good to see ya back around Dody. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on the progress, ok? *hugs*

Hi Macy! Welcome to LBT. Where are ya from?

You've posted on an Idaho thread and you're welcome to keep on posting here but if you want more folks to see your intro and get to know more people, go to the Introductions Forum and start a new thread.