Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went to my first seminar this morning, to be honest I got majority of my questions answered on this site, but what I did get is a visual of the different types of procedures the bypass, sleeve, and band. I'm definitely going with the band it was the least invasive..I did get discouraged when a young lady breafly explained her story, that she had lost over 100 lbs had a baby gained all her weight back, had to go through another surgery to replace the band, and she is not loosing any weight, but in fact just gaing, now she is considering bypass. The surgeon that did the seminar said that she was a rare case, and of course he would need to further examine her to deal with the issue. Has anyone gone through that/heard about it? I dont plan on getting pregnant, but having lapband done twice, and not loosing the weight scared me a little, Overall it was good information.

Most the stories I hear about pregnancy, is they keep their bands , some have them unfilled and go back to having fills after the baby is delivered. So far I have not heard of anyone needing a new band after pregnancy, after all the stomach doesn't enlarge , the uterus does,lol

It's a possibility that she was not eating according to LB rules, possibly needing a fill. Like the surgeon said, they need further investigation.

You can fail with any WLS, if you don't follow the rules.

Good Luck on your journey!

Most the stories I hear about pregnancy' date=' is they keep their bands , some have them unfilled and go back to having fills after the baby is delivered. So far I have not heard of anyone needing a new band after pregnancy, after all the stomach doesn't enlarge , the uterus does,lol

It's a possibility that she was not eating according to LB rules, possibly needing a fill. Like the surgeon said, they need further investigation.

You can fail with any WLS, if you don't follow the rules.

Good Luck on your journey![/quote']

That's what I was thinking, the story didn't make any sense to me, but so many things come into play when you're about to make a major life change. Thanks for your input.

That's what I was thinking, the story didn't make any sense to me, but so many things come into play when you're about to make a major life change. Thanks for your input.

You're absolutely right about being a major life changing surgery and glad you are asking questions and learning all you can. Good for you!

The band is a "helper" and a "tool"....you still have to do your part. That is the most important thing to know and remember when you decide to have this surgery. You will ONLY succeed if you do your part!! I have corresponded (almost daily on a private FB site) with other people who were banded the same month I was & I have seen people both succeed and fail with the band. The ones I know have failed, stopped losing, or gained any weight back have not stuck with the life change of getting banded. Portion Control is a big part of it, along with making better food choices. If you follow your docs instructions you WILL see the scale moving in the right direction, which was ALL the motivation I needed. As long as the scale kept moving in the right direction, I was motivated to keep going!! Maddysgram is right, you can fail with any WLS....you have use your tool as a helper, it won't do it all for you, so you have be ready to make that comittment and change your lifestyle!!!