Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been there..still there..yes...very discouraging. I have lost some weight and am very thankful for that but dissapointed at the results as the same time. I am really dieting well, watching portions, and not much happening. Just had a fill and talked with the dr and nurse practicioner about this. Both said this is pretty much it and how it will be. The hope is to be satiated for 4 - 5 hours, not full just satisfied and that IT IS a diet the rest of my life if I want it to work. If I choose not to diet..it wont work plain and simple. I am at 7 in my 14 cc band and not feeling anything yet really. They told me this is how one should feel...NOTHING.

The goal is never to puke, never get stuck and never ever have difficulty swallowing liquid of any sort. If any of those happen with any frequency...you are too tight and it is not good for you. Just so much I didnt understand before hand despite the fact I did research...i still didnt understand how this band was to work. Would I spend 5100.00 just to be on a diet like I am now with no help? not really sure ?! I guess I hope there is some benefit of this band in me and will do something soon cause I didnt need to spend 5100.00 deductible to diet on my own? I have hopes it will work but will be damn pissed if it does no more than it does right now..and that would be very very little! I do know it must do something from others on here but just dont see it yet on me so fingers crossed it will very soon:)

My scale is not moving and honestly I am starving! I am at the pureed stage! I am also an emational wreck!

:( I feel bad! We are band buddies (lol) and I'm having such an opposite experience. Have you spoken to your doctor or nutritionist?

It sounds like your not taking in nearly enough calories. (Starvation mode) your body ends up retaining everything because its starving.

Ask your doctor about Meal Replacement shakes rather than regular Protein shakes?

I honestly think I am not taking in enough protien but I find it hard

It is hard!! It takes me all day to get adequate amount of Protein, Fluid, food etc... I almost feel like its a job..

but I keep pushing to stay optimistic

I'm in the pureed stage and for about a week the scale did not move. I get enough Protein each day but my total calories were around 700ish. I bumped up my calories to the 900 range and I've lost about 5 pounds in the last 4 days. What is your daily calorie intake right now?

its around 400

I'm no doctor but I think 400 is pretty low. Have you tried upping your calories? Are you using Protein shakes still. Most days I have one shake to help with getting in enough Protein (and they taste pretty good.)

its around 400

That definitely seems really low.. I'm with jars.. My calorie intake is 800-1000 a day.

Do you have a nutritionist?

What kinds of things are you eating?

1st off the first 6 wks are for healing, not really losing weighf. If it happens, you get a bonus.

2nd. You will be on just another diet until you have enough fills to have proper restriction aka The Green Zone. It can take months to get there.

I was banded 10/15/12 and still not there yet.

You probably will have trouble getting the calories and Protein in until you are healed. The majority of your protein should be coming from Protein Shakes right now @ 20gr (some shakes) that shouldn't be too difficult.

Hang in there, it does get better and the band will work, if you work the band.

low fat yogurt ( I like the yoplait greek 100), cottage cheese, hummus, refried Beans with a bit of low fat sour cream on top. I eat those most days for my Protein. I also eat applesauce, cooked carrots blended and the sf dulce Jello. Good luck!

Lol I don't know about mushing up for my family., but my pre-mush is somehow incorporated into their meals.