Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am confused. Are we allowed carbonated drinks? I don't drink pop. I drink Perrier. Thank you

Some doctors do allow it, but most forbid it. You will have to ask yours to be sure.

As for myself, I won't touch it. My doctor forbids it. When I was getting my Lap Band, the woman I shared a hospital room with was in there to have her band replaced. She had been drinking carbonation and her band not only slipped but her stomach actually prolapsed up through the band. She also regained 40 pounds.

Between what I've read, the woman telling me her story how she caused her slip drinking carbonation, and my doctor's warning- I will never, ever touch carbonation again. It's just not worth the risk, in my opinion.

opinions will vary

the opinion that matters is your dr and what they want you to do in regards to carbonation,

mine said no..so no it is

Thank you. Mine said no but I didn't know if it was forever. I will have to ask

mine says no forever

No, no, no. Why chance it!

My Surgeon also said nooooooooooooo carbonated drinks not even if it's Water , he also said not to shake the fizz out or let it go flat then think I can drink it , and I used to drink a LOT of soda I really didn't care for sparkling cider or sparkling water , but soda was really hard to quit but I hd to in order to be banded and after I didn't want it anymore cause I want to be at goal weight and be able to walk without being out of breath or having to walk with a cane , I have acomplihed at least two out of the three , I can breath again and have been off a cane for bout 3 month's now and people realy pay attention when u have these problems cause their noticing I am walking better and not breathing heavy or having to stop short distances , so all this is making a difference.

no to the lil red devil can full suguar but the check with the doctor u could keep drinking perrier i do @7cc i still drink it with no problem just slow sips of the perrier but if ur have the addiction like i did then every once in a while not often take a sip or two but slow but further down in ur journey :) it wont be the same i used to drink cokes as if they were Water 6 a day but now rarely just when i feel and urge i will never be able to drink them like i used too good luck

Whatever your Dr. says....My Dr. tells his patients no, but he does know I do, not soda but I still have a beer or two here and there....

If it was me, I would tell newbies definitely not....there is much more you have to learn about your band....and to drink carbonated drinks, again from my standpoint, you need to be able to "listen" to your band and understand the different signals / feedback you get....

I also like Pellegrino.....but again, I can monitor my self and my band with each swallow.....

My doctor as well told me NO. I did have a craving for soda a few months ago, once in a blue moon won't kill ya right. My heavens when I drank it I felt horrible. I mean maybe 2 or 3 sips, I was so uncomfy and it felt like something was stuck in my throat. Dr office said the carbonation did that. It hurt like hell and I said never again. It's not worth it.

By all means, do what your doctor said, since there may be another reason for eliminating carbonation from your diet.