Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

replacement

Has anyone had to have port replacement? I have had my band for 5 years and must have this procedure done. thanks, sheila

No. I am almost 4 years out and have not heard of this. I have heard of their band slipping and had to be repositioned. What are your symptoms?

1. Haven't had restriction in quite awhile. Had an x-ray and everything looked good. Dr. said fluroscopy was probably next while he was trying to do a fill. I had a lot of gurgly bubbly sounds and I knew right away what is was. so did he. put in 4cc and 3cc went out. So I will just have replacement done in his office. 45$ copay is much better than 1000$ for hospital.

I've had two port revisions, but only once was the port and tubing actually replaced. Both times I needed a week off work due to the swelling associated with the operation. But it wasn't as bad as the lapband op itself. I had a fair bit of swelling in my tummy (I called it my Alien Baby Belly) and you can see how I reacted in my gallery. I don't know if this is typical though.

My dr also did the replacement via a 2 inch incision in the middle of my tummy through my old body lift scar. That may have accounted for the extra trauma, but I appreciate not having extra scars. :) Though I'm now looking at full band replacement (as my leak is still there) so I may not be so lucky as to avoid substantial scars the next time.

Ports are usually replaced due to a leak. That's the most common reason.

How are you feeling? I am so glad you told me port replacement wasn't that bad and it wasn't!!! It's been 4 days and I resumed my walking again. Hope you get better soon! Sheila

Full band replacement is definitely worse than the initial band placement. Today is 6 days post surgery and I'm only just feeling vaguely human today. The pain has been such that even walking has been out of the question.

I'm glad you're doing great. I hope your issues with your band are all sorted now!

Glad your feeling better. Why did you have a full band replacement ? Did you have a slippage also?

No I had a leak in the original band.

Not sure how big this band is but I am positive the port is a lower profile one than I had previously plus they moved the port from my right side to my left side.

I see my dr in a few weeks and will ask some questions then.

But I'm 7 days post op and still not really experiencing any hunger to speak off.

Hi Ellow, I also had a full band replacement in January . My new band is the larger one 14cc. I have had between 6-8 fills already, but no restriction yet. I'm concerned about no restriction yet. My Doctor says it will take time, to get to the green zone. 4 months post op already.keep me posted how ur doing with ur fills :) speedy recovery :)

I also had a band replacement in feb this year after my 4cc band slipped I had this band for 7 yrs lost all my weight. I've put on about 6 kg just waiting for that sweet fill but it's doing my head in this new band feels different no the same feelings when eating or full god I wish my 4 cc didn't leave me