Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad Mid Back Pain

Desertmom, you and I sound the same in the location of the pain. Mine comes after eating though.

I tried again to have a meal of solids yesterday. To see if my band had opened and calmed down enough. But I got the pain, even after eating slowly.

Maybe I need to keep on soft foods until I lose more weight and lossen the thing up. I don't know.

I really hope this pain isn't forever.

Oh man, Leener! I just read that you've still got solid-blues. :party: I'm so sorry!! ((Hugs!!)) Hope you've got a good list of mushies! :rolleyes:

Leenerbumps: I've stayed on mushy since I was so rough Thursday and Friday!! :party: No thank you to the testing phase again....I have slowed WAY DOWN also!!! :rolleyes: Really don't want to have that pain EVER again!!!!!! Maybe you do want to stay mushy a bit longer.....up to you of course!! :)

Donna--sounds much better than what I did!!!! I will try mushy....gotta be better than nasty bitter!!! :) Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! There is actually a PPI that is powder to add to liquid....Zegerid didn't have any in my office and not sure how it tastes anyway?!!? Hopefully won't need anymore!!!!

Desertmom--still could be food....remember it takes a while for it too pass through that little hole....maybe consider liquids for a day or so then mushies and go VERY VERY SLOW!!! From a woman who KNOWS!!!!

Really appreciate everyones help and encouragement!! Thanks!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -37lbs :)

Just want to update all that I'm doing fine now. I am able to eat solids comfortably as long as I follow the "Put the Fork Down a Minute Between Bites" rule.

In fact, i think I am ready for a fill.

I am always hungry and am slowly gaining back what I lost.

DonnaB-

That is good capsule advice. Of Note Nexium can be opened and mixed in anything. I work at a hospital and the manufacturer actually says you can open it and mix. It has no flavor.

It's always good to check with you dr or pharmacist before opening a capsule.

DonnaB--

Manufacturer lied....it is very bitter ....I mixed it in choc pudding....but that's ok!! I lived!! :)

Melody

Banded 3/20/6 -38lbs :eek:

Melody,

Did your doc tell you not to swallow Nexium whole? I'm on Nexium too but was told I could swallow it whole. I'm on another med that is alot bigger capsule that I have to open and sprinkle on jello/pudding but Nexium does fine! ;)

I was just going on the fact they said nothing bigger than a pencil eraser and Nexium is bigger....I got food stuck and I am such a chicken!!!! Got my first fill Wednesday and feel like when I first had the surgery...BIG restriction....so now I'm back to REALLY being careful again...had gotten a little "lazy" about chewing to goo....I am back on liquids for another couple of days!! :)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -38lbs :)

Melody - - Hey I don't blame u at all!! I'm just on Day 6 from surgery and tried scrambled eggs on Day 4!! I was starving!! Major mistake!!! Major! Hurt soooo bad! Threw up!!! Scared the crap out of me!!! So I'm in the BIG chicken category now!!!! :) My Nexium still goes down fine, but I'm extra cautious about everthing now!!!

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!!!

Tina--

Thanks for the sympathy/empathy....know I"m not alone in this battle!!

The fill on Wednesday has jump started me again....have lost another 4lbs since!! Of course, liquids do that....but have prayed alot and asked the Lord not to let any weight come back once I've lost it and He is faithful!! :) This truly is a journey!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -43lbs

Anyone else have this?

I get pain after eating in my port area and it wraps around and down into the left rib area. And I'm also having pain in the left chest area, by the sternum after eating.

Am I eating too fast/too much?

leenerbups-

I don't get pain right after I eat at the port site but when I get gas then it definitely hurts in my port site. How long are your meals lasting? My docs says you will get pain if you don't make it last 30mins or more.

Deb