Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will the sweet spot ever come for me?

I am really struggling with food this week. As a matter of fact I gained 2 lbs. I'm not able to exercise at all, a whole entire different story but I won't go into that so I can't work off any lbs that way and everytime I eat I feel like I could eat more than a cup. Like tonight for dinner I ate a cup of soup/beans with a small small piece of cornbread and I literally could have eaten more but didn't. I usually hiccup when I hit that full soft spot of fullness but here lately this week that has not been happening. I am due for a fill on the 22nd, well, I say a fill, its an appt with my surgeon and I'm assuming he will give me a fill. I stay full for approx 4 hrs at a time. I'm sleeping a lot and laying around due to taking pain meds from an injury. Will I ever hit the green zone, sigh.

Sorry your going through this! I'm not able to exercise right now either because I just had surgery for a total hysterectomy. I'm glad that I had no pain and since the surgery, I haven't had to take pain meds! However, I'm not losing weight right now either. It's weird that you say you could eat more, but don't, yet you stay full or satisfied for 4 hours at a time. Do you think your eating faster and not paying as much attention to that because of the pain meds? Most say that their doctors goal is to not have them feel hungry for 4-6 hours. I can't get fills so I never have been there personally. It is a great possibility that you may need a fill. Don't get to upset over 2 pounds, it will disappear soon and never be seen again! I hope you recover from your injury soon! You will hit your green zone! Good luck!

As long as you can go . with a meal for 4 hours your doctor probably wont do a fill he will tell you to eat slower and get all ypur liquids in. The weight you are not losing is most likely just Water and a good BM will help that a lot. Do what you can for excerise like walk around the house a bit more. hope thing get better real soon

As long as you can go . with a meal for 4 hours your doctor probably wont do a fill he will tell you to eat slower and get all ypur liquids in. The weight you are not losing is most likely just Water and a good BM will help that a lot. Do what you can for excerise like walk around the house a bit more. hope thing get better real soon

It's funny that you mention a good BM! The reality is that pain meds are constipating. You could be very right about that! Donna...I think we found where your 2 pounds are! Lol

I too need a fill and haven't scheduled it yet. Trying to make it through a gauntlet of Birthdays this month before I take the plunge again.

What does eat around the band mean

What does eat around the band mean

Eating foods like Soups, pasta(pizza, lasagna), mac and cheese, candy, crackers, chips, any food that slides(slider foods) through the band without stimulating the vagus nerve.

tmf

thanks all, laurigee, I hope you are doing well from your hysterectomy? Usually I'd agree with you all about the pain meds and Constipation but since having my gallbladder out Dec 3rd everything runs thru me now.

thanks all, laurigee, I hope you are doing well from your hysterectomy? Usually I'd agree with you all about the pain meds and Constipation but since having my gallbladder out Dec 3rd everything runs thru me now.

Man, those gallbladders are at it again! lol

Did you know you can actually still have diarrhea and be constipated at the same time? Kinda like a clogged drain - the Water still slides through, but everything else gets stuck to the sides ;)

Anyways, I would not worry about a measly 2 lbs in one week. That could be just Water retention! Maybe find some exercises you can do sitting in a comfortable chair or in another position that is comfortable for you because of your injury?