Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill: When Do You Know?

I was banded 3/31/06 at the Surgery Center of Richardson. My weight was 229 I am at 210 due to cutting back mainly. I do not feel any restrictions and have not felt any for several weeks. My first fill is scheduled for 5/9/06. I had hoped to have lost more during the initial post-op six week period. It appears this is a slow but worthy process that will take the band, diet and exercise.

Fordmotor,

Nineteen pounds is pretty darn excellent in just 6 weeks! I think you should be proud of yourself! Three lbs per week is something to celebrate! The fill should make it that much easier. Let me know how it goes. I am getting my first fill 5/8/06. It is a worthy process and I have no doubt that combining the band with exercise and diet will be the best course of action. I will let you know what my experience with the adjustment is.

Mary Luke

I had my first fill May 8 in Monterrey,MX. I went back to the doctor who had done the surgery-Dr. Sanchez -because I wanted to see what the first one should feel like and have that to compare to future fills in the U.S. It went very fast and was painless, except for the first little sting of the needle accessing the port. But, the port was found on the first stick. I was flat on a table so the machine could see everything easily. The table was raised a few degrees so then I was on a bit of an angle. After drinking a few swallows of barium-not pleasant but not horrible either- the needle filled the band. It was so quick that I did not even know it had happened except that I could see it on the machine. Then another swallow of baruim to see how the liquid passed through. The doctor thought all looked fine and I was done!

I can feel the restriction when I eat because I have to eat more slowly and chew everything almost to a liquid. If I do that, then there is no pain. If I eat too fast or do not chew well enough, the food gets stuck and it hurts. So, I am slowly learning to change my eating behaviors which is what I have needed to do all along!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches