Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good afternoon from blizzard Boston. Has anyone had or know of some one who had a Life Style Lift? as seen on tv. I know it is faster and much cheaper than a full face lift. When I pull back my cheeks I look so much better. I still have more weight to lose before I would do this procedure. Thanks for the help.

I looked into this and there's no real information as to how they perform their miracles? But there are a lot of negative reviews mostly in TX.

tmf

Ok I found this. It's done under local anesthesia, which I'm going to be honest. would scare the crap out of me. I definitely wouldn't want to be awake for this!

"The procedure involves an incision made along the temple hairline and continuing down around the front of the ear or following the natural curves of the ear. The typical incision makes an S shape although the incision length and type can differ between surgeons and is individualized for each patient. The incision is made in front of and behind each ear. Once these cuts are made, the deeper muscle or SMAS tissue is pulled up and back (and possibly trimmed) and sutured into place. The excess skin is then trimmed off and the incision is closed. liposuction may be used to reduce fat from under the chin. In addition, the muscle bands in the neck may be sutured together to lessen their appearance. Lifestyle Lift surgeons also perform eyelid surgeries, brow lifting, fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, fat grafting, and chin augmentation."

Watch this ladies : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-T-XyVYjo

Do more research....

There are facial exercises you can do to help firm up the sagging under the chin/face. I moisturize my neck/face smoothing the neck area. I do facial exercises as well. (tilting my head up while leaning my head back, pulling up my lower lip over my front teeth and "holding' for a few minutes at a time).

I also use a portalbe neck exerciser I purchased on ebay for like $5. with the weight loss and exercise I feel it has helped me a lot, but then again my face is smaller than the rest of me, lol

thank you very much. I think I just changed my mind. I have been awake for a few surgeries in the past and they are not as bad as you think. The thought is what bothers me here. I did a breast tumor (benign), carpel tunnel and eye lift, all awake. The eye was not cosmetic but a droopy eye lid.

Thank you everyone for the help.

oooO no never touch the face, everything else but, LOL

I agree, but admittedly it's probably easy for me to say because I have almost no excess skin on my face. I have a tiny bit under my chin but my doctor even said it'll tighten up on it's on.

Thank you everyone. I don't do medical videos. I have never looked at my ultra sounds, ex rays or Lap Band videos either. I think I may just leave the face alone except maybe one day Botox. I'll see when I get to a weight I am happy with.

I agree, but admittedly it's probably easy for me to say because I have almost no excess skin on my face. I have a tiny bit under my chin but my doctor even said it'll tighten up on it's on.

I am much older than you so my skin is loose. I apply more crap on my face in one day than most people do in a week to try to look better.

You are very lucky not to have the excess saggy skin.

I am much older than you so my skin is loose. I apply more crap on my face in one day than most people do in a week to try to look better.

You are very lucky not to have the excess saggy skin.

Well I do put a lot of stuff on my face but I started right after surgery. I knew with the amount of weight I had to lose I had to be proactive. So, I use Retinol Advanced Wrinkle Cream every single night. Every morning I use Jergens Firming lotion on my whole body, especially my neck. Under my make up I use Neutrogena with Alpha Hydroxy.

I do think it's helped, too. Especially the Retinol, it's really dimmed the tiny lines around my eyes considerably.

Edit- oh and I wash my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub every single night. It's so cheap but I swear it's great for your skin, plus it's a great prep for the Retinol.

I have used Olay products since I was a teen. 2x a day I put my face in ice cold freezing Water morning/night. I exfoliate once a week, and a facial scrub twice a week. Moisturize in the morning and right before I go to bed. If I wear makeup, I make sure I never go to sleep with it on. Oh, another thing I do especially in dryhot weather I keep a small spray bottle filed with cool Water and spray my face/neck and let my face soak in the water (I don't dry) just air dry. I feel your body/face needs to keep hydrated on the outside just like our insides....

I am trying hard to fight aging gracefully, LOL