Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally banded yesterday

I'm so sore :( cant wait to start feeling better!! Any remembers for this soreness ?

I stayed away from pain killers because they only make me nauseous and constipated which can be a whole new group of problems! If your having gas pains, walk. If your having shoulder or back pain a heating pad works great! Congratulations on your band, and I hope you start feeling better!!!

I was banded on Thurs and I am still very sore. I am religiously taking the pain meds as they are giving me some pain relief. Walking does help as well. I am feeling a "little" better each day but I am still pretty sore. Rest, rest, rest....good luck!

Congrats! I was banded on Monday. Each day DOES get better. The heating pad works for the shoulder or back pain. I too, am trying to take as little pain med as possible. It WILL constipate you. We can do this.

Congratulations to all of you new bandsters and wishing you all a speedy recovery!

Congratulations!! I was banded Wednesday January 30th (so about a week and 3 days ago). I feel MUCH better. For me it was day 4 when things started to feel a bit better and each day since gets even better. I am on mushies now which are awesome and not felling hungry yet. 18 pounds down!! Good luck!!

I'm trying to stay away from pain killers because in the past i had renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer) and I had my right kidney removed so painkillers and any unnecessary pills/meds are a no no.. Woke up and felt a lil better today but OMG ! I feel like I went snowboarding and rolled down the hill lol

Dani I was banded yesterday as well and I am sore as well!

How are u feeling????

And thanks everyone btw

Very very sore my chest hurts my back hurts and my port site hurts! I didn't get realeased from the hospital until 5 am central time! And I can get any meds until 9 due to the pharmacy is closed!

I was banded on January 28th and what I can say about the moment I woke up in recovery to right now is being sore. It does get a lot better right now it feels like a bruise but before was insane. My gas pains weren't to bad it was just the soreness that hurt so bad on my skin from incisions !! Feel better just relax:)

Agreed.....the first few days post op is pretty brutal :( Hopes for a speedy recovery for all of us. Congrats :)

Very very sore my chest hurts my back hurts and my port site hurts! I didn't get realeased from the hospital until 5 am central time! And I can get any meds until 9 due to the pharmacy is closed!

omg thats terrible... NYS law doesnt permit most of the pharmacies to carry the liquid meds so I was lucky to get it at the hospital.

there were a few cancellations before my surgery time.. so i lucked out and had my surgery 6 hours earliar.. if i didnt.. i would have been stuck there all night and probably the next 2 days because we had a major blizzard lol

my soreness is getting better.... i actually got up and started moving arounnd and i feel x10 better

About an hour after I woke up I started walking! I walked every where yesterday and well today is a different story I am just hurting! I am having gas pains mid back and mid stomach! O I started my period the night before!

About an hour after I woke up I started walking! I walked every where yesterday and well today is a different story I am just hurting! I am having gas pains mid back and mid stomach! O I started my period the night before!

Ugh! That cant be fun. Just thinking if I had my period on top of feeling the way I do? It might make me cry. I too am super, super sore today (mostly by port area). I was banded Thursday.