Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost since your Jan 2013 surgery?

Not counting pre-op weight loss, I'm down 11 lbs since Jan 18th. I was hoping for a little more of a dramatic weight loss, but overall I'm happy. Curious to know how everyone else is doing!

Only about 5 lbs since being banded 13 days ago.

I think that's good! I keep seeing people post really crazy numbers during the first several weeks, but I'm going to guess they are including their pre-op weight loss, too.

Ya. I melted off a bunch preop.. Had surgery and stalled... But it's about healing not weight loss.

I was banded on Jan 7th and I am down 18 lbs. Just started eating regular food yesterday. I don't think I can look at Soup for a while.

1/7/13 20 pounds (beat you DHG!) :P Lapbandit, be careful with this type of question, from what I have seen one of the easiest way to get discouraged is to compare your WL to others. I have always been able to drop the weight, but have known others that had real trouble in that area. Slow and steady downward trend is what to look for.

Also.. Inches lost should be a huge factor. The scale may not show what your body is really upto...

1/7/13 20 pounds (beat you DHG!) :P Lapbandit, be careful with this type of question, from what I have seen one of the easiest way to get discouraged is to compare your WL to others. I have always been able to drop the weight, but have known others that had real trouble in that area. Slow and steady downward trend is what to look for.

You are totally right. I know, I can really get discouraged easily. I probably shouldn't have asked and just been okay with whatever my body is doing during this healing phase. I guess I want to know if I'm "normal", but logically I know there is no "normal" for this.

Thanks for your response, helps to put it into perspective.

You are totally right. I know, I can really get discouraged easily.

You need to practice believing in yourself :)

I probably shouldn't have asked and just been okay with whatever my body is doing during this healing phase. I guess I want to know if I'm "normal", but logically I know there is no "normal" for this.

Thanks for your response, helps to put it into perspective.

In the weight loss arena we are each our own normal. And don't apologize for asking, I wasn't rebuking you, I was cautioning you :D

I was banded on 1/14/13 and am only down 7!!!!! I had an unfill 3 days post-op after being so sick (stuck just on liquids) that I wondered why in the heck had I done this. I'm glad that I did it, but I'm eating 1300-1500 cal a day and pretty much not losing. I think it's time for a fill. I'm also exercising......

Banded 1/30 and only down like 6 pounds. Thinking our scale is wrong since I've been logging all of my food an walking for an hour for the treadmill five times a week now that I can walk. My band is totally empty and I get my first fill in 18 days. To be honest, I'm depressed. I don't know why I haven't seen a bigger loss. I know that even on the pre-op I only lost 9 while most of the folks I talked to dropped 11+.

Girls-and guys, lol, QUIT SAYING "ONLY" and start saying YEPPIE I'VE LOST ____!!!! Your on your way and you will get there!!! Your 6 and 5 and ect ect down from what you were. Y'all will get there. BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES! I do :)

You're right, Medicrn. It's just a bit easy to compare yourself to others who have lost 10-20# in the first month. We are each very different. I'm still determined that this tool WILL work for me!

Humans are really bad at assessing their own progress toward goals and it's even worse when our self image is involved. I strongly recommend using graphs to chart your progress both for weight loss and measurements your brain can more easily accept visual information in that format and most people will feel a stronger sense of reinforcement as they see the downward slope even if it isn't a dramatic drop.

I lost ten pound but since I went on normal food I've put back on 7 !! very discouraged but hoping it will sort itself as I'm getting first fill on Tuesday I was banded on 27th jan