Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost since your Jan 2013 surgery?

Not counting pre-op weight loss, I'm down 11 lbs since Jan 18th. I was hoping for a little more of a dramatic weight loss, but overall I'm happy.

Good Evening.

I am down 27lbs so far. Ive been diligent about getting active. I walk twice a day with people I work with. Tomorrow I will be adding in aqua cardio at the gym to work on my joints without the stress of the machines in the gym and running on my knees.

Surgery January 11. I only had 1 week pre op diet by choice. All together I am down 16 pounds but now this week my hunger is back. I get my first fill Wednesday.

Preop diet started on December 31st. Most of my 24 lb. weight loss was prior to surgery and while on liquids post op. Since the mushie stage, and real food, only another 2 lbs. down. But remember...none of us should be hooked on the numbers...I am following a sensible food plan and eating 1,000 calories or less a day. I know the weight will start to come off as long as I stick to the plan. Most of the time, this amount of food satisfies me...I'm due for a fill on Friday but not sure I will do it. I'm not in lapband hell like so many others are. I'd rather put the fills off till I truly feel I need them. Will see what the Dr. says on Friday and make the decision with her input. I think we panic when hunger returns but I don't think hunger is abnormal as long as satisfaction comes when the meal is over. I'm never full...I don't think I will ever be full again....but I also think that thin people are never full either. I'm trying to think like a thin person...and am hoping one day that I won't have to weigh my food and will be able to eyeball portions. I'm so used to eating so much food that my initial reaction is that the amount of food I put on my plate now will never satisfy me....and yet for the most part, it does every time. This journey is truly a life change, not just a food change....and I'm understanding how much the band really is just a tool. Every piece of food I put in my mouth...and every piece of food I do not put in my mouth is a decision I make at every meal. I expect that I will be doing this the rest of my life...like most people who are not overweight or obese do. I think that's the key to this....learning that food is just food..and not letting it rule our lives anymore..

I've had a rough recovery, so am not yet at the gym... but my surgery was on 1/14/13. Almost a month later, and down 30lbs.

Congratz to all of you! Keep goin' strongggg! :-D