Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery day is feb 19 self paid. I'm traveling from NYC to Colorado, but can't find someone to come w me (everyone has refused). Clinic said I must have someone. I'm trying to hire a nurse/clinic in Colorado that could care for me post surgery. Has anyone faced this problem? Any suggestion?

Which hospital?

If you come here early this month there are some support groups you can tap into for support or help? Parker is a ways away for me to help you. Who is your surgeon and who is your nutritionist?

BTW-You most likely won't need a nurse and definitely not a clinic to help you post surgery. It would be nice for the first 24-48 hours to have a friend bring you Water, broth etc but this surgery is not debilitating enough to require a full time nursemaid.

Local support group agenda for Feb from Mark Elliot elliotmark100@gmail.com

Hello everyone!

Thanks everyone who listened to my plea for acting on Pants Across SkyRidge! What a success it was and congrats to the 4 make over winners....Mary, Michelle, Lisa and Richard! You all looked amazing!

Reminder...I no longer run the Swedish Hospital support group. They decided to keep it "in house. It is hard to not get the chance to tell some of you goodbye. You are all welcome to come to Sky Ridge or North Suburban Medical Center or St. Joes group!

Feb 7th (remember it is moved up one week) SKYRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER ....topic...show and tell....bring your favorite food product that helps you to stay on track.

Feb 11th TENTATIVE START DATE FOR St. Joes group 6pm to 730 pm...room to be announced! Topic...bring your favorite food product that helps you stay on track!

Feb 20th NORTH SUBURBAN MEDICAL CENTER 6pm to 730 pm Aspen room in basement. Topic...bring your favorite food product to show the group. Bring the healthy food that helps you stay on track!

Hope to see ALL of you this month and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Thks for te info. Actually, the clinic requires me to bring someone. The clinic told me to hire a service called, Elderlink in Denver. I will b calling them 2moro. They supervise people and they could stay in the hotel. Would love to attend te meeting but I'm going to flight back to NYC the 20.

Why Denver? Seems like you would want a doc near where you live? Post surgery support is very important!!

Leslie have you thought about hiring a nurses aide from there for a few days! I being a nurses aide know how to help someone who just had surgery! Just a thought?

Out of curiosity, why not Pittsburgh or Erie for the surgery? What if there is complications and u need another surgery? I'm surprised the surgeon is gonna do that for you and isn't concerned about follow up. Why can't the doctor who has agreed to do fills, do the surgery?

Anyway good luck.

Booyah!

I would rethink your agenda and get a doctor in NYC there are plenty of surgeons in NYC that do bariatric surgery. I cant see flying to Colorado for a surgery when there are a bunch there. I dont understand that perspective. I would want to go from surgery to home not have to fly back the next day.

I think you need to cancel Colorado and re think the whole idea of lap band surgery. It doesn't sound like you have family support and the idea of trying to find follow up care in NYC after you have had surgery out of state sounds daunting.

You can't get a family member to accompany you to Colorado for the surgery.... What kind of a financial deal did they give you for self pay? Have you had the pre op psych work up? Nutritionist? Do you understand the importance of follow up care?

The surgery is a huge investment, physically , emotionally and financially.

What if there are surgical complications? You may not be allowed to travel back to ny.

This sounds truly bizarre.