Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need tips on getting daily water in

I am struggling getting in all my Water throughout the day. I like water so that's not it. I just forget to drink except during workouts. If anyone has tips and tricks on how you get your daily water in I would appreciate it.

I drink 2-3 bottles of Water first thing in the morning. Gets a good portion of it out of the way, and really gives you some energy for the day ahead. It gets a lot easier when the days warm up for sure.

I always have a bottle of Water in my car, in my bag and one I carry around with me everywhere during the day, that way I'm constantly drinking. If you work you can keep a bottle visible on your desk.

I keep four bottles where I can see them at all times. That way it reminds me to drink.

How much do you drink? Not much to worry about unless your pee is dark yellow or you're constantly thirsty and don't drink? Drink when you're thirsty is what some doctors recommend. Don't drink if you aren't thirsty. Your body knows when it needs fluids. jmo

tmf

How much do you drink? Not much to worry about unless your pee is dark yellow or you're constantly thirsty and don't drink? Drink when you're thirsty is what some doctors recommend. Don't drink if you aren't thirsty. Your body knows when it needs fluids. jmo

tmf

I always love your answers 2muchfun! You're like professor lapband! Is that one of the keys to your success?

My pee is not dark...actually it's always light yellow. Not too thirsty throughout the day. Doc said after surgery I was to try for 64 oz a day. I'm 12 days post-op and get maybe 40-50oz/day but still on mushies so maybe that'll change when I get on solids...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Super helpful!

Is Weaver a new doc in town? Did you have your surgery at Skyridge? My doc is in the South office wing of the hospital. BTW-It doesn't sound like you're deprived of fluids.

Professor? I don't think so. I feel like I'm in Lapband 101B at this point. My success waned back in the fall and I'm trying to regain my traction now. The Holidays kicked my keester this year as they always do. Our stats are similar so I'll consider your entry as a new challenge and try not to let you out-lose me :D

Is Weaver a new doc in town? Did you have your surgery at Skyridge? My doc is in the South office wing of the hospital. BTW-It doesn't sound like you're deprived of fluids.

Professor? I don't think so. I feel like I'm in Lapband 101B at this point. My success waned back in the fall and I'm trying to regain my traction now. The Holidays kicked my keester this year as they always do. Our stats are similar so I'll consider your entry as a new challenge and try not to let you out-lose me :D

You're too funny! Ok...the challenge is ON! Isn't 150 for you too small?

Weaver took over for kirshenbaum at lapbandrockies. He's young and a super sweet guy. Hey one question for you... Monday I can start eating real food and I have a lunch meeting at a restaurant. I'm freaking out. I just checked their menu and they have tomatoe bisque...good..safe. But they also have a tuna tartar appetizer. Is that too harsh first day back on food?

Tomato bisque is fine. tuna tartar should slide down easily too? I'd watch the bread/crackers they'll serve with it though?

I look back when I was young. I entered high school at 5' 6" and left the same height. Freshman year I wrestled 121 and senior year 141. I've been down below 150 several times while i was in my 30's. It may be a little too thin and too much to expect but I still have my dreams. I'll try to stay ahead of you as long as I can.

BTW-Kirschenbaum was loved by many and it was a huge shock when he retired. I had planned on using him till he left his practice.

tmf

My nutritionist had me drinking 68 oz of water/fluid a day during my first year (115 lbs lost). The gallbladder has a lot of work to do processing all that fat you're losing. Drinking water/fluids helps prevent gallstones/gallbladder removal during the time of major weight loss. After that time period--at or near goal--you could probably relax your vigilance and use things like pee color or thirst as a guide. I know I didn't want to have another surgery, so I forced myself to drink and drink and drink. Now, I find that I really do feel a lot better when I'm well hydrated. I fill two Camelback Water bottles in the morning and put them in a little tote (if I'm leaving the house). I drink whenever I feel hungry between meals--that will usually hold off a snack for another 30 minutes or so. Also, there's something about the sucking on a Camelback water bottle that's different from the swallowing or the sipping from any other kind of Water bottle. It sounds WEIRD, I know, but it's somehow soothing--if not also a bit regressive! Haha! Oh well, it's working for me! :)