Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No idea what to do!

Hello! I'm a 30 years old and I've had my band since 07. At first I lost close to 60pds over the past few years I have fluctuated up and down. My concern is I can't keep food down. Some days I can eat and seem like I never get full and can hold things down and then the next day I can't keep anything down. I vomit often (sorry about that) on a daily basis! I'm really worried about esophagus cancer. I got this surgery to help me live a longer life and I'm worried it could make my life shorter. I'm alway anemic and I have awful heartburn nightly. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do! Do I take it out? Two of my Aunts had this surgery as well as a long distant cousin. They have all gained back their weight! Running out of hope any suggestions? I haven't been to the doctor in over a year due to being recently uninsured. Really at a loss! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

If I had my band since 2007, and have been normal and successful since then...and all of a sudden out of nowhere I develop the problems you describe.........

I would NOT ask those questions here but RUN STRAIGHT TO MY DR......

After all that time with a normal trouble free banded journey...then out of nowhere....something is not normal and should be checked ASAP!

(worse yet...there are people on this forum that will actually think they know the answers and tell you what to do....happens everyday from the "Know it alls")

I would strongly suggest you go and see your doctor. I'm not sure how your insurance works... if you have to pay for the appointment... but I would really try and get to see him.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

I would agree with the others. You need to do whatever you can to get in to see the dr. There is no way for you to diagnose yourself and not doing it could be a crucial mistake. Best wishes.

There can be so many things that could cause these issues, but only a doctor can figure it out. Get back to see your surgeon ASAP.

why is it always the fault of the band? This could be anything and serious you need to see the doctor I know u said not insurance but we aren't doctors and cant tell you what to do. Do liquids for a few dsys while you set up and appointment with the doctors.

Call your doctor. Anytime you have symptoms appear suddenly and persist, you need medical attention, doesn't matter if you have a band or not. With a band, this can be a sign of a slip.

Line-dancer i suppose it could be me? I highly doubt it though I use a 4 oz cup like the doctor told me too. A ziplock toss away snack size one (3 times a day). I only posted this to see if anyone else had the same issue and to get suggestions on what to do. This is my first time to this group and after 7 years I was looking for support and advice. I greatly appreciate all the advice and I will call the surgeon first thing Monday! I don't know why I didn't think about a slip? I hope not! This has made me realize I better get checked!!

It will be so much cheaper to see your surgeon once or twice than to have major complications that could put you into the hospital! I know when your not insured or insurance doesn't cover doctors visits a lot of us tend to stop seeing our doctor. However, I think this could be the difference between being successful with the band or not! I hope all goes well with you and there is an easy solution to your problem! please let us know how it turns out!!

So I went and it was my band!! Too tight I was at 7cc and took it down to 6.5cc it's amazing what a little bit out does! Hopefully I don't get sick! If I do..I will have to have another adjustment (6cc). Praying we are close to the right cc amount! I really do try my best and get discouraged when I don't see results. You would think having mine since '07 I would have changed a lot and haven't : (

I'm set up to meet with the nutrition counselor but my doctor told me what I've been eating is great just hopefully now it will stay down. I'm excited to see what the nutrition counselor recommends to eat! New menu ideas would be awesome. Just to make sure everything is ok he's going to look at it under that X-ray machine (whatever its called where they do adjustments sometimes) at St Mary's on Friday!! He truly is a great doctor and listened to my concerns!!

Hope that unfill will do the trick!

Little worried tonight after my little cup of dinner I wasn't full. Hopefully it takes a few days after adjustment to feel fullness again!