Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band is too tight and oops I'm Pregnant

brwnangel
Sign in to follow this  

Hello All,

It has been a really long time since I have been on the message boards. The last time I posted I got some what negative or no feedback but I am desperate and going to try again.

First of all I got banded in May of 2012 and since then I have lost about 50lbs. I was so excited when I hit the 299 mark! Well the holidays threw me off track and I did not get a fill since like October. When I finally went for my fill 2 weeks ago I had only gained 5lbs since my last visit so I was dissappointed about the gaining weight...but psyched that I didn't gain way more because I basically ate whatever I wanted over the holidays. So since getting the fill in January I feel so very uncomfortable. It feels like Water trickles...every meal hurts and I am resorting to soft foods just so I can get things down because it takes forever to eat anything. I really feel like I am in the red zone. I called the doctor about getting an unfill but was basically told "no chew slower". I know my body and my weightloss has been pretty good but this just doesn't feel right. Prior to my fill I actually lost 2lbs. But since then...only been gaining! I am back above 300....306 to be exact and not pleased!!!

Now on to my second "problem". I have recently found out I am pregnant!!!!!!! Needless to say it was not planned. I am sad and happy at the same time. I was in a relationship for almost 10 years and could not get pregnant. After all that time he tells me he is now too old to have kids (43yrs). We broke up almost a year ago. I since then had found a "special friend" and low and behold...when I gave up on every being pregnant here I am 37, banded and 6 weeks pregnant! I can only assume the weightloss led to an increase in fertility...I knew that could happen but assumed after all that time I just couldn't get pregnant.

So now I am freaking out because I don't want to tell my Band Dr that I'm pregnant because he might remove all the Fluid in my band. I want to go in and tell them to take some Fluid out due to the "red zone" feelings....but definitely not all...and most important...I don't want to gain all of my weight back because I am now pregnant. At this point my mind is spinning and I'm scared to gain back weight when I was so close to being under 300lbs! I don't want to gain any weight during my pregnancy but I also want to do whats best for the baby. Not even sure if weight gain is baby related, band related or what....definitely think its too early to be baby related.

So that is my novel!!! Help me with Red Zone thoughts, help with dieting while preggers, and help with worries about gaining...just help!

Hey girl!

I am so sorry I didn't see this earlier. First of all, congrats on your pregnancy! It sounds like being a mom is something you wanted for a very long time, but its still a shock the way that it happened when you least expected. I think once a few months go by and you see this living thing growing inside of you, you will just fall in love with your baby! It's a blessing!

I can understand the fear and panic of gaining weight, especially when you worked so hard to get the band and lose so much! You really need to talk to your doctor and express those concerns. Your primary concern for the next year will be getting adequate nutrition that you AND the baby needs.. That may mean an unfill and weight gain. This will mean a short Detour in your weight loss goals but it does NOT mean its gone totally off the rails! With less Fluid in your band you might need to eat more often but can still make healthy food choices through the pregnancy, and keep exercising (as long as Dr says its safe).

Sorry I cannot give you better advice but I have seen a few here who've been pregnant with the band. Maybe you can send them a private message.

Wish you all the best & please keep me posted.