Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting a Fill?

I had my lap band surgery in May 2012, I've lost 59 pounds since then, the past few months my weight loss has slowed down to about 4 pounds a month, I still have good restriction, however I have never had a fill. Wondering if it's time to have one, due to the slow weight loss? I have 53 lbs to get to my goal weight, which I as hoping to reach by my one year anniv. Also I am diabetic, which also affects the amount of weight you lose due to having to take insulin. Any thoughts?

Granted I'm no doctor, but if you have good restriction in your band, then I'd say no fill. Here's why: Too often we forget that fills actually have nothing to do with losing weight. Fills allow the band to greatly diminish hunger and be satisfied on small amounts of food for long time. If you already have this, you don't need a fill.

You are still losing about a 1 pound a week. The average is 1-2 pounds a week so you're doing just fine. I know it's frustrating because we all want it gone faster, but the truth is you're doing beautifully just as you are, so why mess with it? It's going to take time, it's just the nature of the beast.

If I were in your shoes, I'd change up my calories or exercise routine to try to boost your metabolism. You'd be amazed how much a little change can effect your weight loss greatly.

Best wishes to you and congratulations on your loss!

I have to agree with Missy on this. Why fix something that isn't broke. You are doing excellent with your weight loss and not for nothing but 4 lbs a month is really great! Don't rush the weight loss with fills that are unecessarily needed, you could do more harm if anything, and just like Missy said, getting fills has nothing to do with losing more weight.

Keep up the great job!

Thanks for the feed back guys. My doctor tells me this each month, but as you know well all want the weight to fall off over night. I will be content that I am still losing without a fill, I will increase my activity level soon, I had gallbladder surgery 1 week ago. Thanks again.

Seems to be working for you. I would not fix it if it is not broken.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches