Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a fill, but I don't have insurance and I'm not loosing

I am stuck. I have a 10cc band and only about 6.3ccs of Fluid. I don't have restriction. Well maybe some if I really over do it. I'm not suppose to have bread, but I can eat some. I haven't done well with following the rules. I have track calories, but lately I've been so off my game plan. I've been sad, and when I'm said I don't tend to make the best food choices. I really want to be successful n in my journey, but it seems like its not really the band's problem its me :-( I'm 4 years out and I can't seem to get it right. I feel like every time I get into the right eating groove I fall off the wagon. I do all that I can to get back on, but it doesn't work. I can't keep my light on. I chose the band for the same reasons as most, but I realize that I probably really wanted an easy fix, cause I don't want to follow the rules.

What should I do to start over?

The great thing about the band is you can ALWAYS start over! Don't give up hope, though I know it can be difficult. Just tell yourself you are going to have fresh start and follow the rules the best you can. Take control of your life..... you can do it!

One of the big rules that I never followed was eating with my meal. I gotta have some Water and I drank it all the time. I thought something was wrong with every one that didn't drink enough in a day. I wasn't loosing, but that was still my rationale. So I started doing that one thing and began to see my band become tighter. I don't know the others, well that relates to being 4yrs out. I'm too embarrassed to ask the doctor so please share.

My first piece of advice would be to brush up on what your band isn't and isn't supposed to do for you. You say "I'm not suppose to have bread, but I can eat some." Most of us can. But you need to realize the band's job isn't to stop you from eating bread or anything else. Some people do have issue with bread, but that's a side effect not the intention. Have a look at this link, I think it might help: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Patient non-compliance is the #1 reason Lap Band patients don't lose weight. Not following up with your surgeon, not seeing your nutritionist, and not following the guidelines they set up for you all sets you up for failure. The good news is, this is all 100% in your control. Make an appointment to get back into your doctor for a check up and possible fill. Then, make an appointment with your nutritionist to establish eating guidelines specific to your lifestyle.

The beauty of the band is- you can always start over. So... use this opportunity to start fresh.

Best wishes.

missy said it all and hit the mark as far as i am concerned...chose to eat good food in the allotted amounts and relaize 3500 calories is a pound whether its ate or drank and if someone takes in more calories than they burn off, then they most likely will gain.

Weigh, measure and log your food, then look at calories. I think you will be surprised. Eatiing things you know you should not will have to stop if you are serious about wanting to lose the weight. GO back to your doctor's instructions and follow them to the letter, no cheats, no buts. A lot of of us can eat things we are not supposed to... like ice cream, but it does not take a genius IQ to know that it is not a good idea if you want to lose weight.

How much is a fill? Can't be that much? Get a fill.

My first piece of advice would be to brush up on what your band isn't and isn't supposed to do for you. You say "I'm not suppose to have bread' date=' but I can eat some." Most of us can. But you need to realize the band's job isn't to stop you from eating bread or anything else. Some people do have issue with bread, but that's a side effect not the intention. Have a look at this link, I think it might help: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Patient non-compliance is the #1 reason Lap Band patients don't lose weight. Not following up with your surgeon, not seeing your nutritionist, and not following the guidelines they set up for you all sets you up for failure. The good news is, this is all 100% in your control. Make an appointment to get back into your doctor for a check up and possible fill. Then, make an appointment with your nutritionist to establish eating guidelines specific to your lifestyle.

The beauty of the band is- you can always start over. So... use this opportunity to start fresh.

Best wishes.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to look into it. My issue is not meeting with my support team its me. I have had fills. I recently had to have an unfill last month because I was too tight, but now I'm too loose and I can't afford to have another fill because I know it will take a few sessions to figure it out. Don't have it in my unemployed budget. However, I still pay to meet with the nutritionist. The problem is me. I need keep my consistency.