Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you even eaten...

Ok you are banded, you're losing weight, doing the best you can have you eaten or can you eat (in the proper amounts of course) without pb-ing:

Pasta with sauce? Yes

Lasagna? Yes, just had some on Friday

Mac n cheese? Yes

Grits? Haven't had any since being banded

oatmeal? Haven't had any since being banded

Cucumbers? Don't like them

Bananas? Yes

Grilled cheese sandwich? Haven't had one since being banded, can't tolerate bread, but can eat cheese no problem

Oysters as in fresh? Don't like them

Sushi? Never tried sushi

Rice? Yes

Shrimp as in cocktail? shrimp, yes, haven't had shrimp cocktail

Celery? don't like celery

French fries? after PB'ing on french fries twice, have not touched them again

Fake crab meat? yes

Corn on the cob? haven't had any since being banded

Chili with Beans? yes

Enchilada? insides only, cant tolerate the tortilla

Have you ever slipped up and had champagne? What happened? What could happen? no, but I did have a tiny sip of Sprite once and it hurt like hell

Pasta with sauce? Nope.

Lasagna? Nope.

Mac n cheese? Nope.

Grits? Nope.

Oatmeal? Yes, with 1 tsp of real butter and Splenda

Cucumbers? Nope.

Bananas? Yes.

Grilled cheese sandwich? Nope.

Oysters as in fresh? Nope.

Sushi? Nope.

Rice? Yes. Brown rice only, with juice from sweet-n-sour chicken cooked in crock pot.

Shrimp as in cocktail? Nope.

Celery? Danger! Nope

French fries? Nope.

Fake crab meat? Nope.

Corn on the cob? Nope, but I've had cooked frozen corn not on the cob.

Chili with Beans? Yup, canned and in resturaunts.

Enchilada? Nope.

Have you ever slipped up and had champagne? What happened? What could happen? Nope.

Most of what is listed here is very high in calories and carbs, so I have chosen to leave them out of my diet. Breads and pastas are my weakness, and what made me fat, so I choose to believe that these types of things could cause PBs and that keeps me from even trying them. With my addictive personality, if I tried them and found out I could eat them, it would be all over. This band is my final hope. I'm not going to risk losing that for a bite of flour and Water.

I have only had:

Oatmeal - Weight Control Cinnamon every morning no problems.

Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans - Spicy and good no problems.

Pasta with sauce?

Lasagna?

Mac n cheese?

Grits?

Oatmeal?

Cucumbers?

Bananas?

Grilled cheese sandwich?

Oysters as in fresh?

Sushi?

Rice?

Shrimp as in cocktail?

Celery?

French fries?

Fake crab meat?

Corn on the cob?

Chili with Beans?

Enchilada?

Have you ever slipped up and had champagne? What happened? What could happen? Don't like it.

Yes, to everything! Well, except the oysters in the raw! Shawn

Pasta with sauce? Have done, sometimes gives me trouble, but usually I kind of know how the day is going and know whether or not to even try. Extra sauce please.

Lasagna? Same as above.

Mac n cheese? Same as above. This was my first 'soft food' after mushies. I over cooked the noodles a bit, made it nice n' saucy. Yummy.

Grits? Haven't tried.

Oatmeal? Works well. I make it more moist, usually with milk.

Cucumbers? Yummy!

Bananas? Kinda 'sticky'. Half a nanner will last me a good long time. Especially with peanut butter!

Grilled cheese sandwich? Sammiches are tough. Gooey cheese can be tough. On the right day if the planets are in proper alignment, I could eat a grilled cheese sammich. :)

Oysters as in fresh? Haven't tried.

Sushi? Oh yes. I love getting "sushi bowls" where the fish n' stuff is on top of a bowl of rice, instead of in the nigiri pieces. I can do some rolls, but usually take the seaweed off. I've been told you can ask them to make the rolls with rice paper, which disolves on your tongue, but I haven't tried this.

Rice? Sometimes.

Shrimp as in cocktail? Shrimps are iffy. Usually fresh shrimp is not a problem, but frozen shrimps are a bit tougher, and can cause issues.

Celery? Haven't had any that wasn't in Soup or something.

French fries? French fries will ruin my meal if I have them. Sometimes after I've eaten my meal, I can eat a couple fries without a problem, but trying to have anything after eating them is dangerous.

Fake crab meat? Nummy.

Corn on the cob? I think I've had this once since banding, and I did not have a problem.

Chili with Beans? All the time.

Enchilada? I have had a couple. Tortilla's slip me up alot, so I don't have them often, but every now and then (again, planets in proper alignment) I don't have an issue. The enchiladas cooked in the sauce seem to be fine though.

Have you ever slipped up and had champagne? What happened? What could happen?

I was not told to not drink carbonation. I drink diet soda at times, and yes, have had carbonated alcoholic beverages. Carbonation does sometimes bother me if my tummy is tight, but I know if it's gonna be a problem within the first couple of sips, and if I stop there, I don't have a problem. The only thing you need to remember about alcohol is empty cals. But the occassional 'slip up' shouldn't be a problem.

None of my advice is to be taken in the place of a medical professional's advice (unless you decide to, but then that's on you :) )