Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im starting to freak out

Hi Everyone

I haven't got banded yet. I'm starting to freak out. Please tell me this is normal and everything will be ok. I'm scared. Why did I fail at other diets and why do I think this one will work? So much self doubt.

Don't freak out! Maybe the reason you always failed on diets is because you set yourself up for failure. Maybe you weren't ready! Get educated on what you need to do to have the band work for you, don't treat it like it a fad diet, turn it into a lifestyle. Dont concentrate on weight, concentrate on changing unhealthy choices with healthy choices, and the weight will follow. Have faith in yourself! If your mind isn't in the right place it will be hard! Don't be scared, be excited that there is a tool you can use to finally have the health and energy you deserve! Embrace it, don't run from it!!!! Everything will work out!

We all fear failure, thatis a normal fear. It's good to be scared, I was scared. I knew I was about to change everything about my life with one simple surgery.

Now almost a year later I can't image my life any other way. I eat healthy, I exercise, I've made life long friends here and my goal is staring me in the face. Wahoo, best decision I've made.

No need to freak out. You'll be fine. It's the start of a new way of living. I'll admit I was freaked out because I was scared of another failed weightloss attempt. It's only been a little over a month since I was banded but it was the best thing I could have done.

Good luck!!

Dont freak! It's ok. We all go through that stage. It will be ok. You need to find out whatever you have to do to start having faith in yourself. Do your research. Educate yourself on the positives and know what could go wrong. Also know the band is a tool. It is not a magical fix. It is a great wonderful tool that can help you where diets and fads fail. It's not a diet. Start there. The word diet is no longer allowed in my house. I am not on a diet. This is just how I eat now. I eat healthier smaller meals but even with being on Soups and liquids right now I feel so much better. I am proud of myself where I have never been before. Just think, you are doing something huge for yourself. For yourself.. don't do it for the kids, or husband or anyone else. If you decide to do it, do it because you need it for yourself and your health in the future. If you have questions, ask them here. Let people who have had positive outcomes and have been in your shoes help you out. They have so much knowledge and experience here!

Research your surgeon just as much. Make sure you get a surgeon who's office staff welcomes all the questions you could possibly think of. Even if you think they are silly. There are no silly questions.

Keep us posted. There is strength in numbers. Even through the internet!

Look how many people on here have been a success. Failure only happens with the band if you allow it. If you do as you are supposed to there is no need to fail. People that fail do not follow the rules. You have to lose your relationship with food. There is so much more to life then food. Look at the long term and how much you will gain when you lose weight. You will be comfortable in your own skin, wont fear being made fun of and feel so much healthier.

U are going to Be ok I was band on 11/2/12 and I was in ur shoes too if u have any ? Ask away

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I'm just so scared of failure. Being hungry all the time. It seems a lot of people talk about hunger.

I am a big Water drinker. Can I drink as much and as quick as I want after surgery?

I'm just so scared of failure. Being hungry all the time. It seems a lot of people talk about hunger.

I am a big Water drinker. Can I drink as much and as quick as I want after surgery?

No.. you must sip your Water. You will pretty much be sipping A LOT but you have to go slow and trust me you will want to. If you drink too fast you will get gas and it will hurt. It takes a little getting used to but it is worth it. Now this is just right after surgery. A few weeks post op you will be able to drink more like normal and having a larger intake of water is great. However, you should not drink while you are eating. If you drink at the same time you eat it can push the food through faster. You want to get the full feeling longer and be able to have time to absorb your nutrients before they go through the different digestive stages.

I am not sure about everyone else but I was not allowed to have ice water until today. Right after surgery they would not let me go home until I sipped 2 16 ounce bottles of water. But I had to go slow and they were cool not cold. The nurse said cold right after surgery is not good because it can cause your stomach to spasm. I dont know the truth in that but I complied so I could go home same day.

Don't be afraid of failure. Some of the most beautiful successes have come from what someone would term "failure". It is just a word.

you can be hungry with the lapband or bypass

the band wont stop you from being hungry.

if you are hungry, (and not just think you are) then you eat..the band will help you eat in smaller amounts...and you help the band in turn by eating better quality foods (no junk foods)

and exercise..as for drinking, immediately after surgery you will be swollen so you wont gulp Water like my ole man does beer after a 4 hr bike ride to the coast......but sip sip sip......after a while, you

can drink regularly. i drink as much as i want all day long..it helps fill me up.

failure means to me to not..you are trying (by getting a band to help you get health) that to me lets me know you are not a failure.

no pity party allowed. you put your head up, shoulders back put them high heels on and work it girl...

this is your new life/new year. what a wonderful thing that is.