Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HUGE Headache: Need more than Tylenol

Hello all,

I've been fighting one of my hormone headaches since waking. I used to take Aleve for them, but since banded I know thats a no-no/ The Tylenol just isn't cutting it.

Would takign an ALeve be such a bad thing?

Ugh.....

I take Aleve twice a day... in the AM and in the PM (need a knee replaced) and have NO problems.

Did you try Panadol? It's similar to Tylenol but I find it works better for me.

Ps: I LOVE your new avatar....much less scary then the other one...Chistopher Walken *shiver* ew. :biggrin1:

I get Migraines and Excedrin for Migraines worked great for me. 30 min and the headache is gone. I had no problems swallowing then either. I just took them one at a time and went down fine.

Thanks all. SOmeone said it would harm the band, and it says no NAISDS in the instructions.

Penni, that works the best for me too.

IRT K@T: Thankee :D

Thanks all. SOmeone said it would harm the band, and it says no NAISDS in the instructions.
My surgeon warned against NSAIDS but said that if I needed to take one on the off chance liquid Tylenol wasn't doing the trick, that it would be ok. He just warns against taking NSAIDS on a regular basis. Of course, every surgeon is different. I would follow your instructions but ask your surgeon if taking one every now and then would be ok.

Ahhhhhhhhh the sweet bliss of relief.

I called the surgeon and they said go take your Aleve, but don't make it a habit.

20 minutes later I was able to function again.

Thank you all for responding!!

Ahhhhhhhhh the sweet bliss of relief.

I called the surgeon and they said go take your Aleve, but don't make it a habit.

20 minutes later I was able to function again.

Thank you all for responding!!

I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better. :Banane04:

a good habbit is when you need one to make sure you take it with a large glass of Water to make sure you wash it out of your pouch

YES! Wash liquid NSAIDS through, and do whatever it takes to get a pill/cap PAST the band while it dissolves. Dont' take chances having a pill sit on the band. Make sure it gets washed through.

Here's some ABC's and pics from my 3yo son, who likes your pirate...

:help: :clap2: :mad: :hungry: :faint: :kiss2: :huytsao :Banane04: :mad:

that'd be the ABC's, clap, smile, Breakfast, letters, kiss, robot, snap, and the click (???) from Tyler. Glad your headache is gone!!!

Next time I have to take one, I will make sure to drink tons of Water.

How cute! And tell Tyler this pirate says he likes him back. Yaarrgg!!