Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! Next week I have my appointment for my official weigh in and I'll get the binder they give you. Anyway my question is for those of you that have had the band and plication, do they actually cut the stomach like the sleeve, I will do more research, but I don't understand why they cut the stomach AND put the band on. Was the recovery harder than if you would have had just the band? Thank you all in advance for the reply.

I had both and no stomach cutting. They folded my stomach in, and used stiches to keep it folded in. I can't compare recovery to that of just lapband since I never experienced lapband without plication, but it seemed very similar to lapband only recoveries.

Good luck!!!!

Hello everyone! Next week I have my appointment for my official weigh in and I'll get the binder they give you. Anyway my question is for those of you that have had the band and plication' date=' do they actually cut the stomach like the sleeve, I will do more research, but I don't understand why they cut the stomach AND put the band on. Was the recovery harder than if you would have had just the band? Thank you all in advance for the reply.[/quote']

I will be having my lapband with plication next week. My surgeon explained it as a folding of the stomach into itself with a few stitches to keep it in place. The plication helps prevent slippage of the band, and it may give faster/better weight loss bc the rest of the stomach is smaller.

they dont cut the stomach. they fold the stomach into itself and suture it to make the stomach smaller...this helps aid the band (which is a plastic necklace for your stomach). i never heard of it until my dr told me about it..its kinda new and just now getting that (new WLS reputation). ...but he said *and stressed* that to have the plication and band work, you have to eat better foods, in your allotted amounts and move.....it does work, if you help it..

i recommend it.

it saved my life 7 months ago.

I had Lapband with plication this week, on Tuesday. The band is placed on top of the stomach and the bottom greater curvature of the stomach is folded inward and stitched, making the stomach about the size of a banana. I've recovered really well. Went home the same day as my surgery, and I plan to return to work on Monday.