Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

small fills

I was banded on 8/13/12 and my doctor will only fill me .25 at a time. And also getting another appointment takes months. I am only at .5 I have expressed I would like a larger fill but he talks of going easy. I have never had any complications and can still eat a steak and cheese sub! Anyone I know in the community has gotten larger fills. Especially for the first one. I am just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I got the surgery for a reason and would like to actually feel some restriction. But whatever I'm saying to my Dr. Doesn't seem to be working. Help!

Does your Doctor do fills under fluro? I'm guessing not. If possible, get them done under fluro. They CAN get to a better restriction quicker and check to make sure all is well at the same time. I'm speaking from experience, its to your benefit.

I actually had 4ccs filled in my band the day of my surgery and even though I am 4 weeks postop I feel totally UNrestricted. I can drink tons of Water without small sips and when I eat even though I haven't eaten any breads I don't have to take small bites, no gettn stuck and no vomiting or anything. I don't understand how I can eat so much and not get a real feelin of fullness that everyone speaks of. But my first scheduled fill is at the last week of january. I feel hungry all the time and feel like I don't even have a band in place. Its weird but hopfully after my fill I will finally feel restriction cause this 4ccs certainly isn't my green zone. I still only eat 3 meals a day with no snacking and doing everything by the book but the hunger is eatin me alive. Ugh! Haha

I was banded on 8/13/12 and my doctor will only fill me .25 at a time. And also getting another appointment takes months. I am only at .5 I have expressed I would like a larger fill but he talks of going easy. I have never had any complications and can still eat a steak and cheese sub! Anyone I know in the community has gotten larger fills. Especially for the first one. I am just wondering if anyone else has experience with this. I got the surgery for a reason and would like to actually feel some restriction. But whatever I'm saying to my Dr. Doesn't seem to be working. Help!

Just because you can eat a steak sub doesn't mean you should. My doctor fillede slowly about 8 fills over 8 months. His reason was it gave me time to learn how to eat with the band. Small bits, chewing till mush and waiting 1 minute between bits. I also had to change my food choices, protien first, veggies, etc...

I found the green zone with about 10 pounds from my goal. Focus on changing your lifestyle. Don't expect the band to do all the work, it's not a miricle cure. It's just a tool to help you.

Good luck to you.

I don't actually eat steak subs all the time. I'm actually on a diet outlines by my nutritionist. But if I wanted to I could. I'm still so hungry all the time and I feel like less than half a CC each time doesn't do much. No I don't have fluoro fills and when I get filled it's actually painful. My dr. Doesn't use numbing cream and when I asked he said he doesn't so that. He said I was in pain probably do to the fact it was sore from working out. I just feel like my experience is so different from others in my support group

Sometimes you have to be assertive with your doctor. If he's getting paid for each fill, he may be behaving like a chiropractor and is milking the insurance company for every dime he can?

Stand up and demand at least 1 cc(or more) till your start getting some restriction.