Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a new dr!!!

I'm really not happy with the dr that did my surgery. I think his office staff is sub-par, and he's not really willing to listen. I'm down 20lbs and I'm 11 post op, all this weight since surgery. I asked if I wanted to try to lose with no fills how would that work, he totally disregarded me, and responded by saying I would be getting fills, and that he was the captain. Wtf??!!

Supposed to say 11 days post op.

Typical arrogant surgeon, but why do you want no fills?

Just to see how far I can get without them. I feel like let's wait til I stop losing or slow down, then lets start filling.

to early for a fill if you are only 11 days post op. good luck on everything I would have failed already if I hadn't had the fills or been able to do it years ago.

It's your body and your band, you need to lose the weight however you're most comfortable doing it. If that's waiting on fills, then your surgeon should respect your decision and support you. If he can't or won't do that, find one that will.

Btw- he's not the captain. He's the employee. You are the employer paying him to do a job. If you don't like the work he's doing for you? Fire him and hire a new one.

Best wishes to you.

I agree with your comment about his staff. They always seemed surprised when I show up for an appointment and then I see 4-5 people that arrive after me go in before. Also, he said I would come in every month for a fill until I reached where I needed to be. Figured I would just discuss needing the fill, not like he would force a needle into me, but now you've made my concerns more valid.

Tara, were you there today?

Yes I was in the afternoon.

I thought you looked familiar, I was the last person in the waiting room after you!

I went into this with "no fills" to be had until I stop losing weight. I went right through from start to finish with no fills. Not everybody needs fills. I am starting my 5th year being banded and still have no fills. If I wanted to be filled where I could not eat, I would have opted for having my mouth wired shut instead. At least with that option you would not get stuck or throw up continuously. I have been very happy with my decision since this is my body and my decision to make. You definitely need a new doctor if he is so insistent on fills before you need them. My doctor gave me the option and choice of what I wanted to do with the band and this has been a success for me. You need to decide what is best for your body. Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches