Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pressure to lose weight

Hi- my close friends all know I am getting the band Thursday. They are all so happy for me and know how successful I will be with the band.

As I am reading some posts it seems it is possible I may not lose weight and the band may not work for me. I am trying not to be negative but I feel like my friends expect me to come out of the surgery and be thinner.......

The band will work for you, if you work the band. It's not a magic device that weight automatically starts falling off.

In most cases until you have enough fills and reach the green zone, it's just another diet. It will be up to you to follow your Drs. orders and stick to the diet they give you.

I'm 3mths out and not in the green zone yet. I've had one fill of 3cc in a 10cc band. So it's been up to me to stick to the rules and by doing so I have continued to lose weight. Dr promises me that soon the band will make things easier for me, but until then it's all me. I know that doesn't sound like fun, but that's how it is, unless you are a lucky one and need no fills.

You just need to educate your friends on how the band works. It is not "the easy way out" as some tend to believe. So educate yourself and then educate them.

I wish you all the best on your journey!

ive lost 80 in one year and i would call myself successful. do this for you and only you and you will be successful. i personally didnt tell anyone about my surgery i just let my actions speak for themselves :) dont worry about anyone but urself you are the only one that is gonna go through the surgery and through this journey this is about you and your health nobody else best of luck and best wishes

post-325242-13813140876979_thumb.jpg

Hi- my close friends all know I am getting the band Thursday. They are all so happy for me and know how successful I will be with the band.

As I am reading some posts it seems it is possible I may not lose weight and the band may not work for me. I am trying not to be negative but I feel like my friends expect me to come out of the surgery and be thinner.......

mads is correct, let the band work...go on this forum and read some of the success stories.

not just the ones who lost alot of weight, but the ones who have changed their life...it doesnt matter what your friends/family or whomever says...if you want this surgery, go with it with all your heart and do what you have to do to make it work...you will not have surgery and wake up thinner...you have to let the band work.. best in whatever you decide.

You sound wonderful and successful. Any hints for me. I haven't done so well. I was thinking of having it removed.

You sound wonderful and successful. Any hints for me. I haven't done so well. I was thinking of having it removed.

When did u get band

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Why won't you lose weight and why do you think the band won't work? If you follow your drs orders that shouldn't be the case. Count your calories and do not cheat .... It's really very simple, you will be just fine.

As for your friends... You are doing this for yourself I take it...not them. Don't worry about what they think. If you do everything right they will notice soon enough.

Best wishes for a successful surgery.

Today's the day, right? How did it go?