Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 56 years old and have struggled with my weight all my life. I have made strides in losing a significant amt x 3. As I get older it does get harder and I haven't ever been able to keep it off. Surgery like weight watchers and any other program is just a tool. I'm praying this will not only be a tool but a solution for me in keeping it off after I hit goal. I never thought I would be able to afford it. Was banded 9/17/12 and have lost 58 lbs. my energy is thru the roof and I'm now looking forward to getting older cause I know I will be able to do so much more!!! Good luck! I know it's the best decision I ever made

For me, I was tired of being the "fat girl"! I had lost and gained with all the fad diets known to man! I would do good for a while then decide I could have "just one" cheese burger and then before I knew it I was binging. It's a vicious cycle and I can relate... food has an emotional connection for a lot of us and a lot of my fear was losing that comfort. It was my very first surgery (Nov 13, 2012) and I'm down 32 lbs!

I an eat a "normal" plate of food and not go back for seconds! Best decision ever! I almost backed out while in the pre-op holding room, so glad I didn't back out!

It is just my opinion but "diets" fail, weight watchers, jenny craig, nutrisystem, and diet fads fail people like us. You can lose the weight on these programs but you cannot substain them forever and then then weight piles back on. Why, I don't know, do we just get bored and can we keep up the expense of having food delivered to our door type thing every week, getting weighed in front of everyone , count points etc.. can we continue to eat that really small serving. I think HUNGER makes us fail. Lap band makes it possible to eat a small amount of food and be satified not only because there is a band which makes a small pouch but it obliterates the nerve which causes us to have the starving type hunger we had when we were just dieting alone. And it is adjustable, meaning when you lose that fat pad around your stomach as you lose weight then you can have a fill to tighen the band so that the effects of having the band are still in place. I am 5 1/2 years out and I am telling you I have NEVER looked back. With proper band maintaince and ONGOING SUPPORT from your bariatrics center you will NEVER look back either. I can eat most anything I want, there are a few exceptions like bread and rice but that is such a small price to pay for what I have gained which is "ME". I am not just a lapband advocate, I am for anything, any type of weightloss surgery, anything that makes you a happier, healthier, confident person. Lap band has done that for me.

It is just my opinion but "diets" fail, weight watchers, jenny craig, nutrisystem, and diet fads fail people like us. You can lose the weight on these programs but you cannot substain them forever and then then weight piles back on. Why, I don't know, do we just get bored and can we keep up the expense of having food delivered to our door type thing every week, getting weighed in front of everyone , count points etc.. can we continue to eat that really small serving. I think HUNGER makes us fail. Lap band makes it possible to eat a small amount of food and be satified not only because there is a band which makes a small pouch but it obliterates the nerve which causes us to have the starving type hungry we were on just dieting alone. And it is adjustable, meaning when you lose that fat pad around your stomach as you lose weight then you can have a fill to tighen the band so that the effects of having the band are still in place. I am 5 1/2 years out and I am telling you I have NEVER looked back. With proper band maintaince and ONGOING SUPPORT from your bariatrics center you will NEVER look back either. I can eat most anything I want, there are a few exceptions like bread and rice but that is such a small price to pay for what I have gained which is "ME". I am not just a lapband advocate, I am for anything, any type of weightloss surgery, anything that makes you a happier, healthier, confident person. Lap band has done that for me.

Very Well said!!!!

Could not agree more.....

I know that over 80% of the people on this website are either just starting out, or are still desperately trying to loose their weight and once again be "Normal"

My Dr. and I talk about things, things I do, that he would not DARE talk about with his newer patients...it would only confuse and cloud the primary issue.....

But I do want people to know, that there is a LIFE AFTER LAPBAND! A reward you cannot imagine...a "NEW NORMAL"

But just like my Dr. I have to bite my tongue, lest I make people stumble.....

I am afraid too but all of my past efforts have been futile. Temporary results ladened with frustration. Have to do this