Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hesitance for first fill!

I'm scheduled for my first fill tomorrow morning and I'm not sure I want it. Banded 10/11/12, I've lost 47lbs...couldn't be more thrilled! My weight loss has slowed to about 1lb per week which is still fantastic, but I've found over the past 3 weeks that I'm looking to snack in between meals. To this point I've managed to lose my weight by measuring portions, tracking calories, and exercising. I'm scared that I will be hugely disappointed if I find that after a fill I have difficulty eating certain foods...especially eggs and meat. I just know that not being able to have something makes me want it that much more!!!

The band was made to work with a fill. Think how well you would be losing if you didn't have to be worried about looking to snack between meals. There is nothing to be scared about.... You want the band to function at its optimum level.

Best wishes !

I'm scheduled for my first fill tomorrow morning and I'm not sure I want it. Banded 10/11/12' date=' I've lost 47lbs...couldn't be more thrilled! My weight loss has slowed to about 1lb per week which is still fantastic, but I've found over the past 3 weeks that I'm looking to snack in between meals. To this point I've managed to lose my weight by measuring portions, tracking calories, and exercising. I'm scared that I will be hugely disappointed if I find that after a fill I have difficulty eating certain foods...especially eggs and meat. I just know that not being able to have something makes me want it that much more!!![/quote']

I am on the same page as you! I am terrified of not being able to eat foods that are important for good health. Like u said eggs, meats etc... Also not many people know about my band and I am able to eat out without people noticing. I eat a small amount of anything.

Let us know what u decided to do! My first fill date is coming up! I know it's supposed to make things easier but there are lots of people who have lost all their weight with no fills.... I hope I am strong enough to do the same!

I remember being just as nervous before my first fill. but just take it slowly and tell your doc you wanna be conservative with the fills.

Remember you can always be unfiilled if needed

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I am committed to making this lifestyle change and will be sure to be as conservative as my Dr will allow. I will definitely keep you posted on my progress. Optimizing the bands potential is a key to my success, but knowing I've been able to manage til now with shear willpower alone assures me every day that I am able to change my life in so many positive ways!

Well, my "first" fill is over! Turns out I was pre filled during surgery and I had no idea! My doctor was fantastic and stayed with me for quite some time while he added and took out Fluid til I was comfortable. I was so nervous that he would just add what he wanted and let me walk out the door without any say in the matter. Boy, was I wrong. Felling great...now to full liquids for 3 days...should be fun! LOL