Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No artificial sweeteners...suggestions?

Happy New Year! I will be getting my Lapband in two weeks and am both excited and apprehensive. I am concerned about the liquid diet the first couple of weeks. A lot of the suggestions are for sugar free Jello, etc. I don't tolerate artificial sweeteners and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on liquids that were tolerated during this stage in addition to broth.< /p>

I am one of those people who can not tolerate sweetners at all. I have tried it all, and my body does not want it! for your liquid stages I can only suggest what I found that worked for me besides the broth.

Besides drinking Water, I added/diluted it with: gatorade, apple juice, cranberry juice. I also added fresh fruit to my Water such as oranges, limes, lemons. I also made homemade tea and added fresh oranges to it. Main thing you will have to keep yourself hydrated as much as possible during those crucial weeks.

Also, since I do not do any sugar free foods/drinks I have to be super super cautious when I buy items for myself. For example, I love ice pops and found Edy's sells real fruit bars that are only 50 calories per bar and only 12 grams of sugar. Super super delish! My favorite when I get a sugar craving. Unsweetened applesauces is another great selection as well when you start on to soft/mushy stages.

Hope this was helpful :)

I can tolerate artificial sweeteners but I wanted to thank you for the tips posted! Very helpful!

I took a pic of the Ice pops I love and buy all the time

The carb for one pop is 12 grams

post-326501-13813140839457_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much...I am actually excited about the Edy's bars. I have had them before and they are good. I was also thinking that I like the taste of cup of Soup if I drained out all of the "stuff." I am just so afraid that I am going to be starving. I am really praying that my body and brain feel full after the appropriate amount of food.< /p>

Thank you so much...I am actually excited about the Edy's bars. I have had them before and they are good. I was also thinking that I like the taste of cup of Soup if I drained out all of the "stuff." I am just so afraid that I am going to be starving. I am really praying that my body and brain feel full after the appropriate amount of food.

Can you use Stevia? It is natural.

Can you use Stevia? It is natural.

That is the one sweetner I haven't tried. My friend is going to give me a few samples. I hope it works would be nice to make some sweet tea, LOL

Thanks Chez :)

I haven't tried it either...

Are there any food products that are made with it as a sweetener or is it just a product you add to foods yourself?

I haven't tried it either...

Are there any food products that are made with it as a sweetener or is it just a product you add to foods yourself?

Its a sweetner you add to your foods/drinks/teas, etc. I beleive they come in little packets like the other sweetners come in. I am waiting to try it myself, its the only sweetner I haven't tried yet. I really hope it doesn't make me sick. I will post soon about it....

Very helpful tips. Thank you.

There is too much sugar in apple and cranberry juice. Try the diet ocean spray cranberry and unsweetened apple juice. You don't need the calories!

I have also been told that Extracts of items also help. From Almond to vanilla, so many options to add to thigs. Plus, get a chicken from the store and after your fam eats it.. making your own homemade broth custom helps too. I too get tired of the sugar free, so extracts help.