Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green-zoners....whats your portion size or daily calories?

For those of you who have hit the "green zone" I am curious as to what your average calorie intake is for the day..also, what is your typical portion size for a full meal? and do you find you still lose, even if you dont exercise?

according to the definitions i keep seeing for green zone...i believe this last fill on the 17th has put me there..i see nutritionist on the 3rd and will see if she agrees

between my previous fill on 9/27 and the fill on 12/17..i was eating 1 cup of f ood per meal 3x a day with a healthy evening snack...this is where my nutrtitionist said i should be...just prior to the 12/17 (approx one week before) i seen that i was getting hungry sooner, and needing a bit more food so thats why i went for the fill. I am now only able to eat less than 1 cup, but find myself on some days...eating that portion 4x a day and no snack. my calories rarely go over 500, if thye do its cuz i picked a less than healthy option i.e high carb or high fat, which end up also having high cal...i havent wroked out at all since the 17th, but have lost 5 lbs already.

im going back to the gym this morning, im all ready to go out the door but wanted to post this and see what those who are green zoners, typical day is like as far as food and exercise.

i know i may be losing without exercising, but i can clearly see that im not toning like i was..so i have to get back into the gym

thanks for your responses

Have a great New Year

1200-1400 calories for me.

500 is way too low imo. Your body will shut down it's metabolism because your body thinks it's starving. You should be able to lose more weight if you consume more calories. At least that's what I gather from reading posts over the last 3 years. Try mixing it up. Maybe 500 for a week and then 1200 for a week.

tmf

I ate 1000 Calories each and every day before and after I was in the green zone. It's more challenging when you aren't in the green zone however but that's where will power takes over. My portions remained the same as well.... 3 oz of Protein, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 c starch three times a day. I would add usually 2 Snacks of fruit, sugar free sweets or grains....but I never went over 1000 calories.

I did not formal exercise during my loss. Bad habits are hard to break!! However after I lost the first 100 lbs I started walking a mile a day.

I never eat more than a cup of food per meal and I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day.

I do still lose even without exercise, too.

when i was doing a full cup..i was doing about half cup of Protein and often carbs which i know i shouldnt have..but even then i never hit near 1000. Can I ask what kinds of food u eat that u get that many calories and still keep fat and carbs down so u still lose? thanks

1200-1400 calories for me.

500 is way too low imo. Your body will shut down it's metabolism because your body thinks it's starving. You should be able to lose more weight if you consume more calories. At least that's what I gather from reading posts over the last 3 years. Try mixing it up. Maybe 500 for a week and then 1200 for a week.

tmf

prior to this fill when i was doing full cup per meal i was still under 1000, i avg 5-7 lbs a month loss, with exercise. this last 2 wks no exercise, about 500 cals and lost 5 lbs. I have tried to do over 1000 cals, but the only way to do that when im eating a cup or less of food, is with high fat high carb foods..cuz unfortunately i cant find high cal foods with low fat and carb that i like lol

im happy with my speed of weight loss...im confident it will stay off...i was just curious as to what others are at so if i do need to change it up, i have some ideas

I average around 500 cals but my tracker is has a high of 1000 either way I have been losing 10 mo. I am doing strength exersing at the gym and hope to do more cardio in the future. I don't keep anything in the house that I cant eat and tell the kids not to bring it home and if they do they have to hide it so I am not tempted so far its all working.

when i was doing a full cup..i was doing about half cup of Protein and often carbs which i know i shouldnt have..but even then i never hit near 1000. Can I ask what kinds of food u eat that u get that many calories and still keep fat and carbs down so u still lose? thanks

Actually I don't restrict carbs. I keep my fat less than 25% of my total calories, I make sure to get at least 60g of Protein in daily, but I don't restrict carbs. In my opinion, it's simply not realistic for me long term and I lose great even while eating carbs.

I honestly don't eat anything special. I just smaller versions of what I make for my family. Right now I'm about to have a Lean Cuisine for lunch. Last night I made meatballs and rice for dinner. For me to lose the weight and keep it off, it's really important I don't feel deprived. That's another reason I don't restrict carbs. I eat healthy and count calories but I eat the same things my family does.