Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this site. This has already given me valuable information. I am hoping to get the lap band surgery. My BMI is 40 and I have comorbities.

All my life I've weighed 130 pounds and ran 51/2 miles a day for over 20 years. In 2009 I got a severe back injury at work. Also, I was fired about a year later because I couldn't work as hard. I've gained almost 100lbs. Worker's Comp has screwed me for three years. I have a lawyer and we will be going to court soon. I believe I will get a good size settlement. I deserve it.

I just found out bc/bs of IL denied my surgery. I am not sure it was an out and out denial. They said I didn't have documentation of a behavior modification program. Yes I do. I met with the dietician and we set goals. They wanted to know about my exercise plans. They also wanted what plan I was going to use, like Weight Watchers. I simply plan to join a lap band support group..

The one thing they didn't ask me about was any blood tests. I am going to call the insurance lady at the doctor's office in Chicago to find out why she didn't include all the information my insurance needed. She assured me at my consultation that she worked with bc/bs all of the time and knew how to submit the correct information. Either she did not do her job, or bc/bs of IL doesn't want to pay for my surgery.

Tammy M

Don't give up Tammy! Appeal if you have to. I was self pay because my insurance didn't cover WLS. But, it was the best 10K I ever spent. I love my band!

In the mean time hang around this site and meet all the crazy loving bandsters! Read about the successes and the failures, learn the band rules (you'll need them) and everything else.

My fingers are cross for you, good luck!

Welcome to LBT...wishing you success on your journey....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches