Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on aug 22 down 55 pounds but I'm still struggling with not being able to eat. My eyes still want to do the eating for me. Any tips for staying full longer and staying away from the killer carbs ?????

I'm not following you? You can't eat but you are eating, wrong foods?

Are you in the green zone?

How many fills?

What are you eating?

55 lbs is a lot btw.

tmf

55 lbs in 4mths is right on target. I start with my Protein first at any meal, keeps you full longer and I don't eat many carbs, unless they're good carbs.

Maybe time to talk with Nut.

But you are doing well.

I eat better but I still crave carbs thanks55 is a great weightloss but I guess I'm more bored with the foods . I had one fill but it made eating way more challenging . I feel like since my fill I must drink while I'm eating or I feel it sitting in my throat. I'm not sure that's normal and before my fill I hadn't felt that. I have a follow up scheduled next week because I feel like I have more issues since the fill and I only had that one fill.

Well if you're drinking while eating you are defeating the whole purpose of the band and that is why you are not staying full because you are washing all the food out of your pouch. Eat slower and always all of your Protein first. If you stop eating carbs and I'm talking starchy carbs you will not want them anymore. I only eat vegetables for my carbs and once in a while fruit. Other then that I eat nothing that is a starch ever.

Fills are supposed to make eating more challenging. It sounds like you're eating too fast and big bites? Learning to eat like a bandster is one of the biggest challenges to making your surgery a success. It takes some of us months and maybe a year or two to finally get the eat small, eat slowly and chew big part of your routine and is just a mechanical function.

I'm over a year out and I still get stuck once a week or more. Distraction can be one of the biggest obstacles. Watching TV, eating in a group with people talking to you etc can make us forget we're stuffing too much food in our pieholes.

Eating non slider foods like a bandster will help you stay full longer and get there quicker. You'll eat much less this way.

tmf

Thanks for the advice I apperciate it !!!!! Sometimes you have to hear it over to be remind thank you