Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no more restriction after second fill?

Hello

I was banded on October, and have had my second fill. I still feel no restriction or less apetite. However, since eating solids post-op I had found that eating fast or swallowing bread caused discomfort (pain).

Now after my second fill, pain and discomfort are gone. If I forget to chew thoroughly or nab at bread, I feel nothing!

Has anyone else experienced this kind of change? I am so concerned that I messed up something or the band is not properly positioned!

Any experience you can share with changes in restriction feeling will be appreciated!!

Happens to most of us. Normal. Could take you as many as 6 fills to get to the green zone. No worries.

tmf

True story. I just got my first fill so i have 4 cc in my band. I can still eat just about everything. My dr told me to go cold turkey on carbs and sugar... even a little bit and ill crave it. Still taking appetite suppresants... i have decided to go back to square one. Taking it one meal and one day at a time, one choice at a time...

I could eat everything up to my 5th fill. I could feel restriction or mild stuck episodes from #3-4 but it was #5 that got me up to the greenish/yellow zone. #6 put me over the top. Like a fool I went back and had some taken out 2 months later. Now I have to have it put back in. Mainly because I finally figured out how to eat right.

I bounce around the green zone daily.

tmf

Yea, everyone has told me not to expect too much until ive had a few fills. My biggest challenge is not drinking a half hour before and after and the carbs... and no change in cravings :(

I had my 4th fill and am just feeling good restriction. Thank God I did because it was very limiting and great during the holiday. I am at 8 cc and while I can eat and drink, I am really restricted. I am so happy about it but it took a minute to get there.

So now its up to you to make the proper and wise choices in what you eat. I hope you didn't think a fill and a tight restriction would do it for you. It will take hard work on your part to not eat the wrong foods. Yes, a restriction will make you feel full quicker, but you have to eat wisely. Since the band works differently for all of us, some will not feel a quick restriction ever. I have 5.5cc in a 14cc band, but I'm losing 1.5-2 pounds per week, so soon my doctor will Not give me any more fills and I feel NO restriction at all. He wants me to learn how to eat wisely for the rest of my life and my weight loss per week is slow and steady. It will be 96 pounds a year if I stay at 8 pounds a month loss.

Each doctor does things differently. Maybe yours will give you all the fills until you lose lots of weight. But are you doing it or the band.

Best wishes

Any time. I just got my first fill and im doing so much better. Im watching every little thing that i eat. My surgeon is neurotic about me... he treats me like im a work of art. He said "im going to be very stern with you. Im not going to rest until you have lost every lb of extra fat on your body..."