Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day after christmas surgery date.

I'm having the band placed on Wednesday morning and when I went for my pre surgical screen they told me I had to be on a liquid diet from wake time Christmas. They never told me about this when I scheduled the surgery so I was a bit surprised. I mean I thought I would have to stop any eating after midnight but all day. Can someone explain to me why this is a prerequisite??

to shrink your liver so they can get around that area better. I know its a bummer but how lucky you are that they are even working this week way to start the new year...2013 is look good

I have to do a liquid diet for 2 weeks so one day is no big deal. You can do it and it actually gets you ready for your post-op diet as well as shrinking your liver for surgery.

My liquid preop is 3 weeks. I would love to inly have 24 hours.

Pam

I'm having the band placed on Wednesday morning and when I went for my pre surgical screen they told me I had to be on a liquid diet from wake time Christmas. They never told me about this when I scheduled the surgery so I was a bit surprised. I mean I thought I would have to stop any eating after midnight but all day. Can someone explain to me why this is a prerequisite??

I'm really sorry! I bet thinking you had all Christmas day and then bam, not. That wasn't nice, but just like Christmas represents new life with the birth of Jesus Christ, it will also mean new life for you too. Time to forgive yourself for years of not taking care of your body and start a new. How cool is that!

Do any celebrating tomorrow, don't over do it and reflect your new life Christmas day.

Yes, they do want your liver in good shape. Drink lots of Water Christmas.

Most ppl do have a two wk liquid diet, so though this is disappointing, it is doable.

Best wishes to your success!

I'm really sorry! I bet thinking you had all Christmas day and then bam' date=' not. That wasn't nice, but just like Christmas represents new life with the birth of Jesus Christ, it will also mean new life for you too. Time to forgive yourself for years of not taking care of your body and start a new. How cool is that!

Do any celebrating tomorrow, don't over do it and reflect your new life Christmas day.

Yes, they do want your liver in good shape. Drink lots of Water Christmas.

Most ppl do have a two wk liquid diet, so though this is disappointing, it is doable.

Best wishes to your success![/quote']

Maddysgram.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It's not that I won't do it, it's just I haven't told anyone in my family. I just don't want to tell them cuz they're dysfunctional. It's just better for me in the long run. Only my husband, my daughter and 5 friends know about my surgery. This step has been 4 yrs in the making. I confided in others the last time time I attempted the process but it had a negative outlook or out come. So I choose to keep it under wraps this time. So how do I do this without my family noticing the liquid diet. Ugh I'll have to get my Emmy award acting out of the closet. Yikes. It's not that I'm not grateful that I only have 24 hrs but I would of scheduled it where there weren't so many ppl around. Plus I thought this was MY last supper. ;0))

But truly new Beth in Christ is what it is all about. And I'm excited in my physical rebirth.

Thank you so much maddysgram!! God bless you this Christmas.

Maddysgram.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It's not that I won't do it, it's just I haven't told anyone in my family. I just don't want to tell them cuz they're dysfunctional. It's just better for me in the long run. Only my husband, my daughter and 5 friends know about my surgery. This step has been 4 yrs in the making. I confided in others the last time time I attempted the process but it had a negative outlook or out come. So I choose to keep it under wraps this time. So how do I do this without my family noticing the liquid diet. Ugh I'll have to get my Emmy award acting out of the closet. Yikes. It's not that I'm not grateful that I only have 24 hrs but I would of scheduled it where there weren't so many ppl around. Plus I thought this was MY last supper. ;0))

But truly new Beth in Christ is what it is all about. And I'm excited in my physical rebirth.

Thank you so much maddysgram!! God bless you this Christmas.

LOL, I understand now. You need a bad case of the flu, not really but pretend. Keep a glass of Water in bathroom and keep running in there and loudly pour it into toilet while making gagging sounds, or just say you don't feel well and don't think you can eat.

Thoughts & prayers will be with you! God Bless you too!

LOL' date=' I understand now. You need a bad case of the flu, not really but pretend. Keep a glass of Water in bathroom and keep running in there and loudly pour it into toilet while making gagging sounds, or just say you don't feel well and don't think you can eat.

Thoughts & prayers will be with you! God Bless you too![/quote']

Thanks maddysgram. You made me smile a real one not pretend!!!

I was banded Tuesday, and have spent two days with family and have two more to go, and none of them know! I just said I had food poisoning this week and that my stomach was real sensitive and wasn't taking food well.

I thought for sure that someone would say something but people are pretty self absorbed. People haven't really said much. You'll be fine for one day!

I did 2 weeks to shrink my liver.

Not bad, I started my pre op diet yesterday for surgery on Wednesday also...