Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am often accused of not being shy … LOL … so here goes the question of the night:

Sex after surgery?

When?

I forgot to ask the doctor/nurse on my out of the hospital on Tuesday. Guess I was a little out of it still and just focusing on going home.

I realize I have internal stitches and I don't want to cause any slippage or tearing … but … well … I do have more than just one type of appetite here! :wub:

My post op instructions say two weeks.

You actually have instructions that say this!?!? Wow!! Awesome! LOL!

I was afraid of the 2 week rule of thumb applying here … but, nothing is worth risking post-op problems.

You know that old saying, "…it's better than sex!" … well, I suppose now we can add lap band to the list! ;)

Was told by my nurse whenever I felt up to it. ;)

If it doesn't hurt, go for it. I didn't get any instructions from my doctor. When I was comfortable I enjoyed. lol

me shy? not

me waited all of 4 days..dr said if it hurts, stop or switch positions...

doggy ( for the guys here) is the safest so the stitches dont break. That's what my doctor told me and mine didn't break after 5 days.

Here is a GREAT example of different docs... now, granted we both (husband and myself) were banded the same day so maybe this is why but he said... 4 - 6 weeks. Of course.. I was cool with that! Like having a baby all over again!!! LOL

Here is a GREAT example of different docs... now, granted we both (husband and myself) were banded the same day so maybe this is why but he said... 4 - 6 weeks. Of course.. I was cool with that! Like having a baby all over again!!! LOL

You two had it done at the same time?!? Wow!! That is awesome! What a cool thing to do … my hubby and I had our sleep studies done on the same night, at the same place … the people there thought it was a poor excuse (but cute) for a date night! LOL!

If it hurts or pulls stop or change positions. You won't be the first to jump the gun!

Nice choice of words, Grammy …. ;)

CG, 4 days?! Lordy, girl! I was 7 days and thought that was bad. My nurse, too, said "whenever you feel up to it.".

My dr said 2 weeks....which worked for me because it took that long for me to feel normal.... Now I am recovering from the tt and breast aug and I will need to ask at my 2 week post op appt...I have a feeling this will be longer

My doctor said 3 weeks, but I think that's because I had to stop taking birth control 10 days in advance, and can't start again until 10 days post. I think they're more worried about pregnancy than any physical damage - but who knows!

Basically like what everyone else said just when u feel well enough! My hubby was banded first and it only took him 4 days. Then I was banded a few weeks later only 11 days post op. I felt ready on day 5 we tried I hurt changed positions and was perfectly fine after that! Haha