Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on track...

So after 2-3 weeks of painfully slow weight loss this week I lost none. Despite moving more and strictly watching my food/ water/ Vitamin intake. I was banded in Oct and I thought I'd be losing much faster than this. I can't help but feel that this is going to fail just like all of my other efforts. I am so bummed... I have had 1 3.5cc fill and have another fill scheduled in Jan. some time. Tonight I way over ate and ate 3 Cookies too. Really down lately. It seems like no matter what I do, I'm not seeing progress.

How do you get your mind and body back in the game?

Without knowing how much Water you drink or how many calories you eat and what your portions measure its hard to know why you aren't losing but your profile says you have lost 37 lbs so that is great. Sometimes the body just stops losing for a few days and you need to just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing. It's frustrating but then one day you wake up and you are down 4 lbs.... It will drive you nuts if you fret about it.

But worse if you give in to cravings and the wrong food... You won't see that eventual loss and you will Be back to square one.

Try keeping a food/emotions journal. Every time you eat log what you ate, the time of day, and how you felt at the time. You said you at 3 Cookies, what where you feeling at the time you ate them. Happy, sad, angry, bored? You will start to see a pattern and identify what the emotional trigger is. I have said many times, if only we could band the head. The head hunger is the hardest battle for me.

The other thing to try is when you crave something or you think your hungry drink a 8 oz glass of Water first and if after the Water you're still hungry and want whatever you crave then go ahead and have a measured portion of it.

Goo luck to you. I hope my suggestions help.

I've used the Water trick before when feeling hungry and I think i'll try it again. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth they were just really delicious Cookies (my favorite kind) I've been really stressed lately... maybe stress eating? I havent been strict in tracking my food lately... I think partly because myfitness pal is hard to use because I normally eat much less than the programs standard serving and I'm left doing weird math and getting frustrated and giving up. No time like the present to start over I suppose...

Thanks for the advice/ encouragement.

I've used the Water trick before when feeling hungry and I think i'll try it again. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth they were just really delicious Cookies (my favorite kind) I've been really stressed lately... maybe stress eating? I havent been strict in tracking my food lately... I think partly because myfitness pal is hard to use because I normally eat much less than the programs standard serving and I'm left doing weird math and getting frustrated and giving up. No time like the present to start over I suppose...

Thanks for the advice/ encouragement.

I didn't care for the tracking in mfp either... I use calorie counter on my ipad and droid phone. It's hooked into the fat secret website so you can get it online too. It allows you to customize the calorie count you want then it won't mess with your numbers. Also it had a bar code scanner on it which I happen to think is pretty cool...

You could just track your food on paper, see if that works better for you.

I understand the weird math, one app that helps me is "recipe convert". It converts different measurements (ie cup to tablespoons). I have an android phone but I'm sure it's available for iPhones too.

Stress is a huge head hunger trigger and this time of the year is the worst! Keep checking in here and we'll help you through the rough spots. Best of luck to you.

I was where you are at. If we were good at dieting, we wouldn't have needed to go through surgery. Its a struggle only til you get the proper fill. I got my band in March and just now the last two fills have felt the difference. It is a very slow process but, you will get there, I promise. Congrats on the weight loss.